The summer transfer window is closed for major leagues in Europe. However, with one eye on January, there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Juventus accept offers for Weston McKennie; Tottenham Hotspur interested
Juventus have decided that Weston McKennie will leave the Italian club in 2023, as reported by Calciomercato.
The United States Men’s National Team midfielder played 13 times for I Bianconeri this season, including scoring against Paris Saint-Germain, but the Serie A giants will listen to offers for him from January.
That should please Tottenham Hotspur as they are said to be genuinely fond of the 24-year-old, who will be aiming to show what he is capable of in Gregg Berhalter’s squad at the World Cup this winter.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (US)
In another report from Italy, Calciomercato suggest Juventus could make a move for Atletico Madrid midfielder Rodrigo de Paul in the winter transfer window.
The Argentine is said to be out of Atleti’s project, there’s no way he’ll solve his breakup with Diego Simeone. This means the LaLiga side are assessing whether to offload him permanently or on loan in January.
Aware that he is likely to leave, De Paul’s priority is to secure a return to Italy after spending five years with Udinese there. Juventus had in fact tried to sign the midfielder before Udinese accepted Atleti’s offer and they are now monitoring the current situation.
There is complete satisfaction with De Paul, and Juventus could move under certain conditions – especially if Juventus are open to a loan.
– Barcelona are closely monitoring the Napoli midfielder’s situation Stanislav Lobotkaas reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport. The Slovakia international has thrived under Luciano Spalletti, whose contract is due to expire at the end of this campaign, and Xavi Hernandez is fond of the midfielder which has resulted in the Blaugrana paying more attention to the possibility of an agreement.
– Speaking at the 2022 Gran Gala del Calcio ceremony, Internazionale CEO Giuseppe Marotta said he was confident of reaching an agreement to keep Milan Skriniar with the club beyond the Slovak’s current contract. As quoted by Corriere dello Sportil said: “We will discuss with him shortly, the club is ready to reach an agreement. I’m sure we’re dealing with a serious professional who loves Inter. I am convinced that we can reach a peaceful negotiation.”
– Everton have expressed interest in signing the Lille striker jonathan davidaccording Florian Plettenberg. However, they reportedly didn’t make a concrete offer and wouldn’t stand a chance of signing him anyway. The Canada international wants to join one of Europe’s top 12 clubs, while Lille are demanding more than €50m as David has a contract until 2025 which doesn’t include a release clause.
– Florian Plettenberg announced that Bayern Munich are interested in the Borussia Mönchengladbach striker Marcus Thuram but are still not 100% convinced to take action. The Frenchman will be available as a free agent when his contract ends this summer, knowing that there will be no extension at Gladbach.