Transfer Talk – Marcus Rashford out of Man United picture with Barcelona considering move – Reuters
The summer transfer window is approaching and there is a lot of gossip floating around about who is going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, closed deals!
TOP STORY: Rashord out as Barcelona eyes move
Barcelona could move for Manchester United striker Marcus Rashfordwith the England international’s future uncertain, as Diario Sport report.
Erik ten Hag is expected to oversee a massive squad overhaul after being confirmed as Red Devils boss for next season.
300 million euros is the figure given for what the hierarchy of Old Trafford will be able to spend in order to return United to the top of the Premier League.
One of those expected to leave is Rashford, whose contract ends in 2023 and he is not part of future plans despite the possibility of a one-year extension.
The 24-year-old has endured a difficult season, with injuries limiting the impact he has had, scoring five goals in 30 appearances in all competitions for United so far.
Barcelona value Rashford’s potential and versatility as a striker but it is believed that this could be tough business for the club economically.
Ten Hag is ready to let the academy graduate go if an attractive offer arises and Rashford is also ready to leave, having asked to leave on loan or permanently in January before finally staying on.
Barca monitor the futures market with their previous priority, Borussia Dortmund Erling Haalandfinancially out of reach.
from Bayern Munich Robert Lewandowski is considered the most realistic option, but Rashford is being analyzed.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Real Madrid are interested in signing Newcastle United in January Bruno Guimaraes after the 2022 World Cup, as reported by AS. The LaLiga side believe a deal would be too difficult to complete this summer given how close his initial transfer to England was. Los Blancos are in the process of overhauling their midfield and, having previously signed Eduardo Camavinga, they are also looking at AS Monaco Aurelien Tchouameni.
– Barcelona want to move for Valencia Carlos SolerDiario Sport reports add that it could happen this summer or at the end of the midfielder’s current contract in 2023. That said, the two clubs enjoy a good working relationship and the priority is to find an economic deal that works for both. Los Che teammate Jose Gaya has also been linked, but a deal for Soler is said to be closer to being done.
– Giorgio Chiellini is considering leaving Juventus at the end of the season and is tempted by a possible move to Major League Soccer, as reported fabrice romano. The 38-year-old defender’s current contract ends in June 2022 and he is ready to try a new experience, having joined the Italian giants in 2005.
– Internazionale eyes the Nice midfielder Kephren Thuram and even had initial talks with agent Mino Raiola, Calciomercato report. They believe the Frenchman could act as Marcelo Brozovic’s assistant while fulfilling other roles in their midfield. A move is just an idea for Inter at the moment, but one they find fascinating.
– Arsenal and Newcastle United are monitoring the situation of the Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovicaccording to Ekrem Konour. The Serbian international has made an incredible impact in the league this season, scoring a remarkable 40 goals and seven assists in 40 league appearances so far.
– Arsenal hope to keep Eddie Nketiah past his current deal, but Crystal Palace and Borussia Mönchengladbach are among the clubs trying to sign him, reports The Daily Mail. The 22-year-old’s current contract runs out in June but he has so far turned down all offers from the Gunners due to frustrations over lack of playing time. The striker has made his first two Premier League starts of the season in the last two matches, the last of which saw him score a brace against Chelsea.