Transfer Talk Manchester United push back Barcelona proposal Coutinho prefers De Jong
The summer transfer window was like no other, see all the major deals and see how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Man Utd wants De Jong, not Coutinho
Manchester United have no interest in signing Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona and I want Frenkie De Jong instead, according to El Nacional.
When traveling to discuss a potential move for Ferran Torres Along with Manchester City, Barca president Joan Laporta has also reportedly met United bosses.
He had initially hoped to get rid of Coutinho, whom Xavi Hernandez doesn’t like, but the Red Devils have reportedly said they don’t want the Brazilian.
While Edinson Cavani was also a topic of discussion, United were keen to express their desire to appeal to De Jong.
The Netherlands international is believed to suit the style of play of new boss Ralf Rangnick, but United’s opening offer of € 55million is one the Blaugrana wouldn’t even consider accepting. This point is accentuated by the fact that De Jong joined Barca for 86million euros and currently has a contract which runs until 2026.
Therefore, the Catalan club are not even willing to negotiate until the Red Devils make an offer over € 70million.
Despite having set that threshold for the negotiations, Barcelona have no plans to get rid of De Jong, with Xavi seeing him as a full-fledged player as he seeks to build the squad.
However, the club’s financial situation means Laporta will consider any offers that come before it.
– FC 100: Where do Ronaldo and Mbappe rank among the attackers?
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– RB Leipzig Amadou Haidara could become Rangnick’s first signing at Manchester United, while the Red Devils are also interested in Aston Villa John McGinn, reports the sun. There are doubts about the future of Paul pogba, Jesse Lingard and Donny van de BeekThey are therefore looking for reinforcements in midfield as McGinn’s performances for club and country have drawn attention.
– Paris Saint-Germain aim for £ 30million transfer for Wolverhampton Wanderers left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri, depending on the sun. Club scouts have recommended signing the 20-year-old, and they may even attempt to do so in January. Nuno mendes is currently on loan to Paris by Sporting Lisbon, but Ait-Nouri is seen as a possible alternative.
– Chelsea and Arsenal are both interested in the Paris Saint-Germain forward Mauro icardi, as reported by Ekrem Konur. The Argentine could leave PSG as early as January and has also received offers from Italy, where he has previously toured for Sampdoria and Internazionale.
– Everton are ready to offload Jordan pickford bring funds, Tottenham Hotspur being interested, according to The Sun. It is suggested that their potential price could be a stumbling block as the Toffees aim to bring in £ 30million from the England international. While Spurs are happy to pay his £ 100,000-a-week salary, the transfer fee would make the move onerous for them.
– The Daily Mail reported that Leeds United are set to beat Liverpool, Manchester City and Barcelona in signing the Espanyol forward Mateo joseph fernandez. They originally wanted the 18-year-old for £ 420,000 before increasing their offer and reaching a deal ahead of a move in January.
– Joe rodon wants to leave Tottenham Hotspur in January because he feels neglected by Antonio Conte, according to Football Insider. The Welsh international has so far given the Italian just 54 minutes and is ready to go on loan or permanently.