Transfer Talk Chelsea’s Jorginho could join Barcelona
The summer transfer window is closed for major leagues in Europe. However, with one eye on January, there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Jorginho to replace Busquets at Barcelona
Barcelona eyes potential move for Chelsea midfielder Jorginhoaccording to Sports.
The Chelsea midfielder has reportedly recently rejected a contract extension at Stamford Bridge. As the 30-year-old Italy international approaches the final six months of his contract, the Blaugrana could look to tempt him at Camp Nou.
Xavi Hernandez is looking for a future successor to take the place of Sergio Busquets, who is expected to leave the club at the end of the season. The Catalans had also targeted the Real Sociedad star Martin Zubimendibut talks have stalled between the two LaLiga sides.
Barcelona will be aiming for Jorginho to agree a pre-contract before the summer, but will also consider a move in January if he fails to sign new terms with Chelsea before the end of the year.
The 30-year-old Italy international joined the Blues from Napoli in 2018 for an initial transfer fee of £50million, and he has since made 135 Premier League appearances.
– Enzo Fernandez is followed by Liverpool and Chelsea, Sport reports. The 21-year-old midfielder, who has shone at Benfica since joining River Plate in the summer, is set to be part of Argentina’s World Cup squad. Barcelona were also linked with his signing.
– Adrien Rabiot could leave Juventus, who consider prioritizing a move for Lazio Sergej Milinkovic-Savicaccording to Gazzetta dello Sport. Rabiot has been in fine form this season for Massimiliano Allegri’s side, but the Bianconeri are looking to replace him with the 27-year-old Serbian midfielder. Milinkovic-Savic has contributed to 10 goals in 10 Serie A games this season.
– Major League Soccer clubs have inquired about the Brazilian centre-back Leo Coelhounderstand Caesar Luis Merlo. Inter Miami CF and FC Cincinnati are both reportedly interested in the 29-year-old Nacional defender, who is currently on loan from Liga MX side Atletico San Luis. While Nacional have the option to sign him for $800,000, the latest report indicates the Uruguayan club are hoping to negotiate a lower fee which could see both MLS teams win the race for his signature.
– Internazionale continue their search for a centre-back as they anticipate Milan Skriniar leave the club, according to Calciomercato. Chelsea defender Trevoh Chalobah23, has been identified as one of the main options for the Serie A side, but they are also keen on Jakub Kiwiorthe 22-year-old Poland international who has been in positive form for Spezia this season.
– Barcelona are interested in the Valencia defender Hugo Guillamonreveals Mundo Deportivo. The 22-year-old has been a standout player for Gennaro Gattuso’s side this season, while also impressing on duty for the Spain national team. He is contracted at the Estadio Mestalla until 2026 and has a release clause of around €50m.