From May 15 to July 3, TDActu presents its Top 50 NFL players. To arrive at this ranking, each member of the editorial staff voted for the 50 players they would like to have on their team to start the coming season. These rankings were then compiled to form the final Top 50. The opportunity to debate, but also to present 50 profiles to those new to the NFL.
Quenton Nelson – Guard – Indianapolis Colts
ID card : 25 years – 1.96 cm – 150 kg
Draft: n ° 6 in the 1st round of the 2018 Draft – Notre Dame
CV: 3x Pro Bowl (2018-20), 3x First Team (2018-2020)
Why is he here?
By being selected in 6th position of the 2018 draft, Quenton Nelson marked the league by being the best drafted guard in history. The least we can say is that the bet is winning for the Colts. In three seasons, Nelson became the top guard in the NFL, and he finished his first three seasons in the 1st All Pro team, proof of his unchallenged dominance.
As mobile as he is athletic, he is the perfect guard, a balance between power and explosiveness. In offensive patterns that require exceptional mobility, he is the man for the job and there is no reason to believe that his performance will decline.
– TDActu.com – NFL News 🏈 (@TDActu) November 11, 2018
What objective in 2021?
What more can Quenton Nelson do? Individually, he can further strengthen his status as a potential Hall of Famer by continuing to stack All-Pro selections. They are only 16 at the Hall of Fame position, he can become an indisputable successor.
Collectively, the Colts can become a serious contender for the title. Nelson will have to contribute, although the success of the franchise will depend more on Carson Wentz than on him. He will once again be a leader in this attack, and he will have the opportunity to show himself in the playoffs.
Heard in the editorial
“Generational player, definition: Quenton Nelson”, Victor Roullier.
“Seeing a Guard so high in the standings is enough to explain his impact on the league. », Marc Orfila.
“A technical player who plays very physical! Beautiful to see and efficient. », Jean-Michel Bougeard.
“The best lineman in the league, without hesitation. Elioth Salmon.
The general classification
10. Davante Adams, WR, Packers
11. Myles Garrett – DE, Browns
12. George Kittle – TE, 49ers
13. Tom Brady – QB, Buccaneers
14. Derrick Henry – RB, Titans
15. Khalil Mack – OLB, Bears
16. Stefon Diggs – WR, Bills
17. Deshaun Watson – QB, Texans
18. Devin White – LB, Buccaneers
19. David Bakhtiari – Tackle, Packers
20. Josh Allen – QB, Bills
21. Ronnie Stanley – OT, Ravens
22. Minkah Fitzpatrick – S, Steelers
23. Bobby Wagner – LB, Seahawks
24. Nick Bosa – DE, 49ers
25. Chris Jones – DT, Chiefs
26. Tyreek Hill – WR, Chiefs
27. DeForest Buckner – DT, Colts
28. Xavien Howard – CB, Dolphins
29. Trent Williams – OT, 49ers
30. Christian McCaffrey – RB, Panthers
31. Jaire Alexander – CB, Packers
32. Dalvin Cook – RB, Vikings
33. Tyrann Mathieu – S, Chiefs
34. Stephon Gilmore – CB, Patriots
35. Darious Leonard – LB, Colts
36. Tre’Davious White – CB, Bills
37. Joey Bosa – DE, Chargers
38. Mike Evans – WR, Buccaneers
39. Julio Jones – WR, Falcons
40. Justin Simmons – S, Broncos
41. Zack Martin – OG, Cowboys
42. Alvin Kamara – RB, Saints
43. Chandler Jones – DE, Cardinals
44. Jamal Adams – S, Seahawks
45. Chase Young – DE, Football Team
46. Lavonte David – LB, Buccaneers
47. Nick Chubb – RB, Browns
48. Corey Linsley – C, Chargers
49. Lamar Jackson – QB, Ravens
50. Fred Warner – LB, 49ers