From May 15 to July 3, TDActu presents its Top 50 NFL players. To arrive at this ranking, each member of the editorial staff voted for the 50 players they would like to have on their team to start the coming season. These rankings were then compiled to form the final Top 50. The opportunity to debate, but also to present 50 profiles to those new to the NFL.
Josh Allen – Quarterback – Buffalo Bills
ID card : 25 years – 1.96 cm – 107 kg
Draft: n ° 7 in the 1st round of the 2018 Draft – Wyoming
CV: 2nd All-Pro Team (2020), Pro Bowl (2020)
2020 stats: 396/572 (69.2%), 4,544 yards, 37 touchdowns for 10 interceptions. 102 runs for 421 yards and 8 ground touchdowns.
Career stats: 836/1353 (61.8%), 9,707 yards, 67 touchdowns for 31 interceptions. 300 runs for 1,562 yards and 25 touchdowns on the ground.
Why is he here?
Since his selection in 7th position in the 2018 draft, Josh Allen has experienced unprecedented progress. Average quarterback in 2018, correct in 2019, he exploded in 2020 to finish second in the race for the MVP. He also took his team to the conference finals and established himself as one of the best quarterbacks in the league.
The statistics don’t tell the whole story, but in his case they are a perfect illustration of his progress. Allen saw his percentage of passes completed increase by 11%, as i nearly doubled his touchdown count with just one more interception compared to 2019. This is quite an unprecedented progression for his third season. in the league.
What objective in 2021?
Josh Allen proved in 2020 that he can be a great quarterback, now we have to confirm. The Bills are still AFC East favorites, but the Dolphins and Patriots won’t be easy to take down.
As a quarterback, Allen’s performance will be decisive, and he will be expected around the corner. This is the opportunity to show that it is not just a great adventure of 2020, but a player franchise. Hoping that this time he is helped a little by the racing game, which did not exist last season.
Heard in the editorial
“What a pleasure to see Josh Allen at this level. He arrived in the league very raw, and he’s progressing week by week. It’s not a one-year phenomenon, it’s the future of the league that lies ahead of us. », Victor Roullier.
« Isn’t it with Mahomes the only » project « drafted high in the last few years that has managed to develop (we think of Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler, Blake Bortles, Mitch Trubisky and others)? », Marc Orfila.
« Josh Allen and Steffon Diggs in the NFL reboot of the chicken or egg debate? » Whatever the answer, he raised the Bills to the rank of serious contenders. Elite. », Raoul Villeroy.
“Josh Allen Aka Barrett in FF VII”, Mehdi Jullien.
The general classification
21. Ronnie Stanley – OT, Ravens
22. Minkah Fitzpatrick – S, Steelers
23. Bobby Wagner – LB, Seahawks
24. Nick Bosa – DE, 49ers
25. Chris Jones – DT, Chiefs
26. Tyreek Hill – WR, Chiefs
27. DeForest Buckner – DT, Colts
28. Xavien Howard – CB, Dolphins
29. Trent Williams – OT, 49ers
30. Christian McCaffrey – RB, Panthers
31. Jaire Alexander – CB, Packers
32. Dalvin Cook – RB, Vikings
33. Tyrann Mathieu – S, Chiefs
34. Stephon Gilmore – CB, Patriots
35. Darious Leonard – LB, Colts
36. Tre’Davious White – CB, Bills
37. Joey Bosa – DE, Chargers
38. Mike Evans – WR, Buccaneers
39. Julio Jones – WR, Falcons
40. Justin Simmons – S, Broncos
41. Zack Martin – OG, Cowboys
42. Alvin Kamara – RB, Saints
43. Chandler Jones – DE, Cardinals
44. Jamal Adams – S, Seahawks
45. Chase Young – DE, Football Team
46. Lavonte David – LB, Buccaneers
47. Nick Chubb – RB, Browns
48. Corey Linsley – C, Chargers
49. Lamar Jackson – QB, Ravens
50. Fred Warner – LB, 49ers