[Top 50] # 16: Stefon Diggs, the best of the rest
From May 15 to July 3, TDActu presents its Top 50 NFL players. To arrive at this ranking, each member of the editorial staff voted for the 50 players they would like to have on their team to start the coming season. These rankings were then compiled to form the final Top 50. The opportunity to debate, but also to present 50 profiles to those new to the NFL.
Stefon Diggs – Receiver – Buffalo Bills
ID card : 27 years old – 1.83 m – 87 kg
Draft: n ° 148 in the 5th round of the 2015 Draft – Maryland
CV: First Team All-Pro (2020), Pro Bowl (2020)
2020 stats: 127 receptions, 1,535 yards and 8 touchdowns in 16 matches
Career stats: 492 receptions, 6,158 yards and 38 touchdowns in 86 games.
Why is he here?
Since joining the league in 2015, Stefon Diggs has been known to be a good receiver. Productive, efficient, clutch as in the Minneapolis miracle, the player was also known for his grumpy side. He wanted to be the number one catcher, the star. His transfer to the Bills had to go in this direction. Mission accomplished. Traded for a first round of draft, the 27-year-old has more than largely returned the investment of his franchise.
To the delight of his staff and supporters, his arrival coincides with the transformation of Josh Allen. Having become his preferred target, the two players have improved each other. In his new team, the receiver has taken it to the next level and helped make Buffalo’s offensive squad one of the most intimidating in the country. Fantastic track racer, capable of evolving both on the outside and in the slot, Diggs has proven his reliability and consistency. Number one in the number of receptions and the number of yards in 2020, he has shown that he can carry an attack, like the best NFL receivers.
Behind the two captains of his post, Davante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins, Diggs has made a place for himself. To the point of positioning himself as the third thief? Rewarded by a selection in the 1st All Pro team, he is in any case now part of the very closed club of elite receivers.
What objective in 2021
After a hair-raising 2020 season, Diggs will want to confirm from 2021 and prove that it was not an anomaly and that he is part of the best that is done in his position. His association with Josh Allen must establish himself as one of the most intimidating duos in the league. Already author of 1535 yards for his first season of association with his quarterback, can Diggs aspire to aim for Calvin Johnson’s record of 1964 yards for the benefit of the 17th regular season game?
The player has been clear on his ambitions. He is aiming for Hall of Fame and league titles. The first will certainly go through the second. Stopped in the conference final last year, the Bills are now a contender in AFC. With an even stronger team during the offseason, the receiver and his teammates will have the means to compete this season for the coronation. A coronation after which his Buffalo franchise runs since the unification of the NFL and the AFL and the creation of the Super Bowl.
Heard in the editorial
The general classification
17. Deshaun Watson – QB, Texans
18. Devin White – LB, Buccaneers
19. David Bakhtiari – Tackle, Packers
20. Josh Allen – QB, Bills
21. Ronnie Stanley – OT, Ravens
22. Minkah Fitzpatrick – S, Steelers
23. Bobby Wagner – LB, Seahawks
24. Nick Bosa – DE, 49ers
25. Chris Jones – DT, Chiefs
26. Tyreek Hill – WR, Chiefs
27. DeForest Buckner – DT, Colts
28. Xavien Howard – CB, Dolphins
29. Trent Williams – OT, 49ers
30. Christian McCaffrey – RB, Panthers
31. Jaire Alexander – CB, Packers
32. Dalvin Cook – RB, Vikings
33. Tyrann Mathieu – S, Chiefs
34. Stephon Gilmore – CB, Patriots
35. Darious Leonard – LB, Colts
36. Tre’Davious White – CB, Bills
37. Joey Bosa – DE, Chargers
38. Mike Evans – WR, Buccaneers
39. Julio Jones – WR, Falcons
40. Justin Simmons – S, Broncos
41. Zack Martin – OG, Cowboys
42. Alvin Kamara – RB, Saints
43. Chandler Jones – DE, Cardinals
44. Jamal Adams – S, Seahawks
45. Chase Young – DE, Football Team
46. Lavonte David – LB, Buccaneers
47. Nick Chubb – RB, Browns
48. Corey Linsley – C, Chargers
49. Lamar Jackson – QB, Ravens
50. Fred Warner – LB, 49ers