– Draft 2018 – 1st round: who was entitled to his fifth year option?
Thursday night matches will be broadcast exclusively by Amazon from 2022
With the new TV broadcasting agreements, the NFL had agreed to the transfer of Thursday night games from NFL Network and Fox to Amazon Prime Video. The agenda has accelerated.
The NFL has announced that the deal will take effect as early as 2022, rather than 2023 as planned. The only exception to the exclusivity will be for the local markets of the clubs concerned.
A priori, this should not change anything in France for Game Pass subscribers.
The Vikings were ready to take Justin Fields
Justin Fields (QB, Bears) was definitely in high demand in NFC North. According to ESPN, the Vikings were ready to select the Ohio State quarterback with the 14th pick. The possibility of going up in the Draft to obtain it was even studied, but the cost was considered too high.
Finally, it was Chicago that drew the fastest and with the biggest offer. Minnesota then fell back in the first round, but also selected Kellen Mond (Texas A&M), another quarterback, in the third round.
The Broncos wanted to return in the first round for Jaelan Phillips
The Broncos chose not to select a quarterback in the first round of the draft. Their eyes were more on defense. After selecting Patrick Surtain II (CB) with the ninth pick, Denver wanted to come back in the first round to get Jaelan Phillips (DE), as confirmed by George Paton (GM).
But a little light in ammunition for a trade, the Broncos could not come to place in front of Miami which took Phillips with the pick 18. A few picks later, the pass rusher would have left for Colorado.
Rashad Weaver accused of assault
Selected in the fourth round by the Titans, Rashad Weaver (DE) wasted no time in getting people talking about him. And not necessarily for the better … According to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, a complaint filed Friday led to his charge of simple assault on a woman following an altercation in a bar.
ProFootballTalk.com relays the complaint notes a statement by Weaver to police officers. The player would have announced « not to have a problem to hit a woman if it is necessary ». The Titans reacted on Monday:
“We were informed of this news this morning,” announced the club’s statement. “Obviously, we’re taking this very seriously, we’re in the information gathering phase, and we’re working with the league. «
In a statement, Weaver’s lawyer has already claimed the player’s innocence.
– The Colts announced the Paul Perkins (RB).
– First collateral victims of the draft in Washington: The Football Team cut Jeff Badet and Trevor Davis (WRs) (TheAthletic.com).
– On the Chicago side, it’s Charles Leno (LT) which will give way to Teven Jenkins (2nd round). According to ProFootballTalk.com, the veteran Pro Bowler is being cut off by the club, which will recoup $ 1.100 million in payroll.
– The Football Team has signed Jaret Patterson (RB, Buffalo) as a free agent. Patterson set an NCAA record against Kent State running for 409 yards and 8 touchdowns last year. (ProFootballTalk.com)
– Mo Alie-Cox (TE, Colts) signed its tender with Indianapolis. He will receive $ 3.384 million for the 2021 campaign. (ProFootballTalk.com)
– Pittsburgh announced the signing of DeMarkus Acy (DB) and the cut of Corliss Waitman (P) and Charles Jones (TE). (ProFootballTalk.com)
– The Browns signed Malik McDowell (DT). The former second round of 2017 has a stormy past, with an 11-month stint in prison (assault, resistance to arrest, possession of a stolen vehicle, drunk driving). He has never played in an official match before.
– Denver separates from a quarterback… According to KUSA, the Broncos cut Jeff Driskel.
– According to ESPN, it is because of a heart problem diagnosed before the Draft that the linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would have fallen until the middle of the second round of the Draft. He still received the green light from the doctors, and it was therefore the Browns who took the gamble.
Matt LaFleur rebuked Kyle Shanahan about Aaron Rodgers
John Lynch (GM, 49ers) admitted just before the draft that San Francisco had inquired about a possibleAaron Rodgers (QB, Packers). Kyle Shanahan (HC) confirmed during the Rich Eisen Show that the club tried everything before selecting Trey Lance (QB) with the third pick.
“The truth is, I didn’t want to wake up on Friday and see Aaron Rodgers, one of the best quarterbacks in the league, traded without doing anything to get it,” Shanahan said. “So I called Matt (LaFleur) to ask if there was anything possible. Matt replied that we would have wasted our time if John (Lynch, GM) had called. So John didn’t call the next day. «
Don’t forget to follow us on social networks by clicking on the links: Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
You can support us directly on Tipeee.
Or by betting at Unibet.
Or by subscribing to NordVPN through this link.
And don’t forget to subscribe to our Wednesday Newsletter.