IMSA, ELMS and new photos of the BMW M Hybrid V8 on the menu of the day’s briefs.
- IMSA Via an Instagram post, Meyer Shank Racing announced that it had finally received its Acura ARX-06 at its Pataskala (Ohio) premises. A car sent by Oreca across the Atlantic a dozen days ago and which was initially exhibited in Pebble-Beach (California). Arrived on American territory without an engine, it must now receive its twin-turbo V6 before the winning team of the last edition of the 24 Hours of Daytona can begin its battery of tests. As a reminder, Wayne Taylor Racing has already received its chassis. This is the one that had carried out its debugging in France, at the Paul-Ricard aerodrome then at Magny-Cours.
- Porsche Carrera Cup NA Jeff Gordon will come out of retirement for a while and get back behind the wheel on Labor Day. The former Nascar star will take part in a round of the Porsche Carrera Cup North America on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway infield the weekend of September 2-4. For the occasion, he will find his mythical crew-chief, alias Ray Evernham.
- ELMS Still with a view to lining up for the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the medium term, Freddie Hunt is making his debut in the European Le Mans Series this weekend. Seen since the start of the season in a Reiter Engineering Ligier in the Michelin Le Mans Cup, the American is registered in Barcelona on another JS P320, in this case the Eurointernational n°10 which he shares with Glenn van Berlo and Xavier Lloveras. A car which respectively signed the 13th and 11th times of the two collective test sessions of the day.
- ELMS Last minute replacement at Duqueine Engineering. Richard Bradley and Memo Rojas are not supported this weekend by Reshad de Gerus on the Oreca 07 n°30 but by the Dane Anders Fjordbach.
- GTWC After long reflections on the future of the team, Madpanda Motorsport has reviewed its plans and decided to participate in the last round of the GT World Challenge Sprint Cup in Valencia (September 16-18). This means that the team will not participate in the ADAC GT Masters event which takes place the same weekend at Sachsenring, and will potentially also skip the one organized at Hockenheim.
- IMSA / WEC Each day has its share of photos. BMW Motorsport today released some shots of its M Hybrid V8 during night testing at MotorLand Aragon. Photos to be found below.