– Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa absent for the first game of the playoffs
– Support TDActu on Tipeee: the 2023 TDActu calendar is back
[podcast] Wild Card preview: the race for the title is on!
Ravens: Lamar Jackson still not back
If the Dolphins quickly formalized the package of Tua Tagovailoa, the Ravens hope to have Lamar Jackson (QB) for the first game of the playoffs. But surely less and less. On Wednesday, the quarterback affected in the knee has still not resumed training.
According to NFL Media, he attempted to have his knee tested, but he still doesn’t feel well.
Who will replace him ? It’s not much clearer. Tyler Huntley trained on a limited basis Wednesday due to right knee and wrist pain. John Harbaugh told the press that he hopes to have Huntley against the Bengals. If not, it will be Anthony Brown, who threw 2 interceptions and lost a fumble in the final game of the regular season.
Jets: Mike LaFleur takes the door (but by mutual agreement)
Fired. Not fired. Conflicting news circulated about Mike LaFleur’s whereabouts on Wednesday. Eventually, the Jets cut the pear in half. They announced that the franchise and offensive coordinator are parting ways « by mutual agreement. » LaFleur is therefore free to go and work for whoever he wishes.
He spent two seasons with the Jets. In 2022, his squad finished 26th in the league in yards gained, not quite helped by the succession of Zach Wilson, Mike White and Joe Flacco at quarterback.
The Pro Bowl of anything
There will be eight events in the Pro Bowl skills competition. Five will take place on February 2 at the Raiders’ training facilities. They won’t even be open to the public! Only cameras will be invited. There will be a prisoner ball tournament, a test called the « Lightning Round » where it will be a question of water balloons, a throwing test, one for receptions and a golf drive competition. OKAY. At the stadium, on February 5, it will be the turn of a flag match, the reception contest final, a relay race with obstacles, a special teams contest and a strength contest using… chains from first down.
On paper, the WTF is total.
Coaches, coaches, coaches
– Sean Payton is launched! The former Saints coach will discuss with the Cardinals and the Texans, who have received permission to give him a job interview. As a reminder, Payton is a particular candidate, since he is still under contract with the Saints. So you have to ask them for permission to talk to him, and you’ll have to set up an exchange to get him back.
– The Panthers sat down with Frank Reich (free) on Tuesday to talk about their position as head coach. They also asked to meet Kellen Moore (OC, Cowboys). (NFL Media/ESPN)
– The Colts moved their special teams coach Ray Ventrone to the position of head coach. He is 40 years old and has been leading the Indianapolis special teams since 2018. For Raheem Morris (DC, Rams), the interview is scheduled for Friday. (NFLMedia)
– A new candidate in the lists! The Broncos met David Shaw, former Stanford coach, for a job interview about their coaching position. Shaw resigned from his college position in November after two 3-9 seasons. Denver is also scheduled to meet Raheem Morris (DC, Rams) on Tuesday. (ESPN)
– New step for Damar Hamlin (S, Bills), who was discharged from the Buffalo hospital he returned to, passed additional tests. He will continue to recover from his cardiac arrest at home.
– Last July, leukemia was diagnosed at John Metchie III (WR, Texans), that Houston had selected in the second round of the Draft. On Wednesday, manager Nick Caserio announced good news: Metchie could be back in April and participate in spring training. For now, he still needs to finish his treatment, but his progress would be excellent.
– Zac Taylor confirmed to the press that Alex Cappa (OG, Bengals) will not play the first game of the playoffs because of an ankle injury suffered in the last game of the regular season.
They trained in a limited way on Wednesday : Leonard Williams (DT, Giants, neck), Azeez Ojulari (DE, Giants, ankle), Adoree Jackson (CB, Giants, knee), Jon Feliciano (C, Giants, back), Isaiah McKenzie (WR, Bills, ham) , Garrett Bradbury (C, Vikings, back), Dr. Greenlaw (LB, 49ers, back)
They did not train on Wednesday: Bradley Chubb (DE, Dolphins, hand/ankle), Raheem Mostert (RB, Dolphins, thumb), Terron Armstead (OT, Dolphins, foot/knee/hip/chest), Mike Williams (WR, Chargers, back),
They are placed on the injured list and will miss at least 4 games:
They come off the injured list: Micah Hyde (S, Bills), Jamison Crowder (WR, Bills), Blake Brandel (OT, Vikings, knee), Jonathan Hankins (DT, Cowboys, pecs)
– TMZ announces that an arrest warrant has been issued against Sam Williams (DE, Cowboys) due to a car accident in December. He is charged with dangerous driving and is called to report to the authorities. The police did not plan to go and arrest him themselves. Williams and the driver of the other vehicle involved in the crash had been taken to hospital as a precaution but were not seriously injured. The player still missed the next match.
– Titled with the Patriots in 2001, Charles Johnson (WR) was found dead a few days ago. The authorities of North Carolina announced that they concluded to a suicide by absorption of drugs. Johnson was 50 and a high school coach.
Don’t forget to follow us on social networks by clicking on the links: Twitch – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook – TikTok
You can support us directly on Tipeee.
Or by betting at Unibet.
Or by subscribing to NordVPN through this link