Real Madrid play a long game with Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland
The January 2022 transfer window has closed, but there are still plenty of rumors floating around about who is going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, closed deals!
TOP STORY: Haaland at Real may have to wait
Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland has been heavily linked with leaving the club this summer. However, AS reports that the striker could stay until 2023, with Real Madrid set to move next summer instead.
The report comes as the 21-year-old approaches a potential exit, with talks over a €75m release clause standing at the end of the season. However, his current club are hoping the Norway international will stay for another year which matches Real Madrid’s ambitions for a possible deal.
Los Blancos have also been heavily linked with a transfer of the striker from Paris Saint-Germain Kylian Mbappe, who is expected to become a free agent this summer. The signing would likely take up a large chunk of the club’s budget for the next transfer window, casting serious doubt on an immediate move for Haaland in the same summer.
This means that both sides’ ambitions match, but there is still the case that the striker wants to make his next steps. The report says the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, is keen to move him in the upcoming transfer window. rather than wait, having failed to force a move last year.
We’ll see if that happens or not, but it’s clear that with so many interested parties and moving parts, any move will be complicated.
– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Manchester United are interested in a transfer for the Internazionale playmaker Hakan Calhanogluaccording to Rudy Galetti.
The 28-year-old, who left AC Milan on a free transfer last summer, is said to be admired by interim manager Ralf Rangnick. The Red Devils are expected to make a number of signings this summer, with the Turkey international seen as a possibility.
– Three Premier League clubs are eyeing a potential move for the Villarreal striker Arnaut DanjumaCalciomercato reports. The 25-year-old joined the LaLiga club last summer from Bournemouth and has impressed ever since. The report claims that Newcastle United, West Ham United and Everton are all interested in the Dutch international.
– Atletico Madrid left-back Renan Lodi could leave the club this summer, says Nicolas Schira. After struggling for minutes this season with the RojiblancosJuventus are making initial contact over a potential transfer at the end of the season for the 23-year-old.
– PSG are preparing to sign definitively Nuno Mendesreports fabrice romano. The left-back is currently on loan from Sporting CP, impressing as the first choice for his favorite side of defence. The loan deal includes an option to make a move for the 19-year-old permanent at €40m.
– Atalanta are looking to sign Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic at the end of the season, Calciomercato have said.
The 24-year-old has struggled to get a run of games at Los Blancos, often playing behind Karim Benzema for a position in the team. The Serbian international is set to leave the club with Serie A side Atalanta interested in a possible signing.