Real Madrid have their eye on Tottenham’s son
The summer transfer window is closed for major leagues in Europe. However, with one eye on January, there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Madrid to move for Son?
Real Madrid interested in Tottenham Hotspur star Son Heung Minaccording to Sport1.
The 30-year-old South Korea international is reportedly looking to take the next step in his career despite signing a four-year contract with Spurs in 2021, and he is expected to consider his future over the coming months.
Despite recent form which has seen Son fail to score in 11 of 12 Premier League appearances this season, Carlo Ancelotti is said to be keeping tabs on him, and the La Liga champions could act if he decides he wants to end the years of peak of his competitive career in the Champions League.
Son joined the north London club from Bayer Leverkusen for £22million in 2015, and he has since scored 96 times in 244 league appearances.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (US)
08:00 BST: Unai Emery has left Villarreal to become Aston Villa’s new manager, replacing Steven Gerrard, it was announced on Monday.
Sources have told ESPN talks between Villa and former Villarreal manager Emery began on Sunday, with the Premier League club looking for a replacement for Gerrard who was sacked following a 3-0 loss at Fulham last Thursday.
Emery had been in charge of Villarreal since 2020, winning the Europa League – the club’s first-ever LaLiga trophy – in his debut season and taking them to the Champions League semi-finals a year later.
The 50-year-old was set to return to England in November 2021 when he was offered the manager’s job at Newcastle United, before opting to stay at Villarreal.
Emery was keen to return to English football after spending 18 months at Arsenal from May 2018 to November 2019.
– Ogden: Gerrard couldn’t bridge the gap between expectations and reality
GOSSIP PAPER (Adam Brown)
– Barcelona are already preparing for future contract negotiations with Ousmane Dembelerevealed fabrice romano. The 25-year-old winger has been in impressive form since signing a new contract with the club in the summer, contributing eight goals in 11 La Liga appearances, including one goal and three assists in a 4-0 win against Athletic Club. Sunday. His current deal sees him secured at Camp Nou until the summer of 2024.
– Arsenal are keen to move for Sergej Milinkovic-SavicCalciomercato reports. The Gunners have reportedly moved the 27-year-old midfielder to the top of their shortlist of targets, and they are ready to offer a player swap deal which would see Albert Sambi Lokonga go the other way as part of a proposal including an offer of around €50m. Milinkovic-Savic has made 11 league appearances for Lazio this season, contributing 10 goals – a form which has also seen him linked with Juventus.
– Midfielder Gerson is looking for an exit from Marseille, reports L’Équipe. It is understood that his representatives are already assessing possible options that would allow him to leave the Ligue 1 club when the January transfer window opens. The 25-year-old is currently unhappy with his situation after losing his starting job.
– Sergio Ramos could be offered a new one-year contract that includes the option of an additional year, writes Ekrem Konour. The 36-year-old centre-back has maintained a best injury record this season, having played for Paris Saint-Germain in 15 games in all competitions, and it appears that has done enough to convince the Parc des Princes hierarchy to keep him at the club.
– Mexico International Edson Alvarez has been identified as a potential successor to Sergio Busquets in Barcelona, according to Sport. The Blaugrana He is reported to be keeping a close eye on the 25-year-old Ajax Amsterdam midfielder as Xavi Hernandez continues to seek reinforcements in the January window. The Eredivisie club previously rejected an offer of around €50million for his services from Chelsea, but there is hope they might be willing to part ways with him this winter.