Return of club football and the main scorers have distinguished themselves. If the Cyborg Erling Braut Haaland impresses, Robert Lewandowski and Kylian Mbappé are in the fight…
No African striker is not the top 10. A rare fact to be underlined.
The ranking of European top scorers returns this Monday for the 6th report of the 2022/2023 season. This concerns the scorers who have raged in Germany, England, Austria, Belgium, Scotland, Spain, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine. And once again, it is the Cyborg Erling Braut Haaland who sits well in the lead. Author of 14 goals in 8 matches, the Norwegian remains on a resounding hat-trick in the derby won by Manchester City against Manchester United (6-3).
Behind him, the second position goes to his former rival in the Bundesliga Robert Lewandowski. Accustomed to playing the leading roles, the Pole shone again this weekend and offered FC Barcelona a new success against Mallorca where he was the only one to score (1-0). He has 9 goals in 7 matches and is ahead of Quincy Promes. Despite the extra sporting setbacks that have surrounded him in recent seasons, the Dutch winger is excellent at Spartak Moscow as evidenced by his 9 goals in 11 matches. A penalty synonymous with victory against Pari NN (2-1) allows him to complete the podium.
The surprise Antonio Čolak
Just behind, we note the arrival with fanfare of Antonio Čolak in this top 10. Already fourth, the Croatian is rewarded for his start to the season and a new double against Hearts (4-0) during the Rangers recital. For 20 more minutes disputed, Cody Gakpo comes fifth. Swept away with PSV Eindhoven against Cambuur (3-0), the left winger could not heal his statistics. He nevertheless remains ahead of Kylian Mbappé who takes sixth place. Decisive scorer in the 2-1 victory against Nice, the French striker follows the tempo and replaces himself.
In seventh position, we find Neymar his club teammate. The Brazilian, for his part, has 8 goals in 9 games and remains in a match where he was silent. Eighth, the Armenian Eduard Spertsyan remains stuck at 8 goals in 11 games, FK Krasnodar having come up against Krylya Sovetov (0-0). Still in Russia, Ecuadorian veteran Christian Noboa ranks ninth with 8 goals in 11 matches even though he couldn’t do anything during the heavy defeat of his team against Orenburg (4-1). Finally, Enner Valencia is in tenth position with 7 goals in 6 matches and did not find the fault against Besiktas (0-0).
At the gates of the top 10, we find Markus Pink (Klagenfurt), Niclas Füllkrug (Werder), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Kyogo Furuhashi (Celtic), Bojan Miovski (Aberdeen), Marin Ljubičić (LASK), Aitor Cantalapiedra (Panathinaikos) and Malcolm (Zenit). A little further, Steven Bergwijn (Ajax Amsterdam), Xavi Simons (PSV Eindhoven), Malcom (Zenit), Marko Arnautovic (Bologna), Vincent Janssen (Antwerp), Keito Nakamura (LASK), Jonathan David (Lille), Florian Sotoca (Lens), Folarin Balogun (Reims), Borja Iglesias (Betis), Terem Moffi (Lorient), Liel Abada (Celtic), Sheraldo Becker (Union Berlin), Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig), Vladimir Sychevoy (Orenburg), Fedor Chalov (CSKA Moscow), Wendel (Zenit), Dimitri Poloz (Rostov), Nikolay Komlichenko (Rostov) Danilo (Feyenoord) and Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham) follow with 6 goals scored.
The ranking of Europe’s top scorers
1) Erling Braut Haaland (22 years old / Manchester City / Norway) – 14 goals in 8 matches (664 minutes)
2) Robert Lewandowski (34 years old / FC Barcelona / Poland) – 9 goals in 7 matches (539 minutes)
3) Quincy Promes (30 years old / Spartak Moscow / Netherlands) – 9 goals in 11 matches (990 minutes)
4) Antonio Čolak (29 years old / Rangers / Croatia) – 8 goals in 8 matches (569 minutes)
5) Cody Gakpo (23 years old / PSV Eindhoven / Netherlands) – 8 goals in 8 matches (589 minutes)
6) Kylian Mbappé (23 years old / Paris Saint-Germain / France) – 8 goals in 8 matches (618 minutes)
7) Neymar (30 years old / Paris Saint-Germain / Brazil) – 8 goals in 9 matches (708 minutes)
8) Eduard Spertsyan (22 years old / FK Krasnodar / Armenia) – 8 goals in 11 matches (962 minutes)
9) Christian Noboa (37 years old / Sochi / Ecuador) – 8 goals in 11 matches (873 minutes)
10) Enner Valencia (32 years old / Fenerbahçe / Ecuador) – 7 goals in 6 matches (421 minutes)