PSG attack Haaland, Lewandowski and Vlahovic if Mbappe leaves
The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: PSG is looking for Haaland, Lewandowski
Paris Saint-Germain continued their preparations for the exit of Kylian Mbappé as the club has prioritized Erling Haaland, Robert lewandowski, and Dusan Vlahovic on a short list of replacements.
With little progress on a new contract between PSG and Mbappe, Le 10 Sport reports that sporting director Leonardo has drawn up a priority list of three candidates that the Ligue 1 club will target if Mbappe leaves the club.
First on the list is Haaland, with PSG ready to go all out in the standoff for the services of the Borussia Dortmund star. But if that fails, Leonardo has identified Bayern Munich talisman Lewandowski as the second best option to replace Mbappe.
The Bayern forward is rumored to favor a move to Real Madrid – who are also leading Mbappe’s signing race – if he leaves the Bundesliga, which would leave Fiorentina’s Dusan Vlahovic as the last option on the shortlist.
And with Mbappe’s contract set to expire next summer, there could be movement in January if PSG are to avoid missing out on significant transfer fees for football’s most wanted stars.
– Notebook: The latest insider stories from around the world
– ESPN + Viewers Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– Contract negotiations between Barcelona and Ansu fati are at a standstill with the player’s agent demanding that the new deal be only for two years. This is according to El Nacional, who reports that the Catalan club want to tie the 18-year-old to a long-term extension. The talented prospect is portrayed by Jorge Mendes, who reportedly offered his client to clubs across Europe last month, and it now appears the parties are at a stalemate in negotiations.
– Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will receive a transfer injection of £ 70million if Manchester United are in contention for the title by the start of the new year, writes the star. The board are keen to support the current manager as he looks to fight for the league and aim to add to his summer signings to further strengthen the squad. The Red Devils are currently five points off the top of the table after losing 4-2 to Leicester City on Saturday.
– AS Roma are set to renew the contract of three midfielders with Lorenzo Pellegrini, Ebrima Darboe and Jordan veretout ready for new offers at Estadio Olimpico. Calciomercato reveal that 20-year-old Darboe is the closest to being announced, with manager Jose Mourinho in awe of the defensive midfielder.
– Nicolo schira reveals that Internazionale will meet with representatives of Marcelo Brozovic soon to finalize a new deal for the Croatian international. It is reported that the parties have already agreed on an extension until 2025, leaving only salary expectations and bonuses to be confirmed before the Serie A club can officially announce the new terms.
– Chelsea had the opportunity to sign Gianluigi Donnarumma as a free agent in the summer, according to Fabrice Romano, who writes that the club has decided to remain attached to Edouard Mendy. Mendy, 29, shone in Chelsea’s 1-0 win over Brentford on Saturday and has become one of the Premier League’s top scorers since arriving from Stade Rennais last year. Instead, Donnarumma joined PSG after years at AC Milan.