PSG, Atletico show interest in Barella as Inter contract negotiations stalled
The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: PSG and Atleti want Barella as contract negotiations stop
Inter Milan could fight to keep the midfielder Nicolo Barella player’s representatives struggling to find common ground on wage demands in a new deal, as revealed Corriere dello Sport.
It is reported that the player wants a salary of 6 million euros per year, but has so far only received an offer worth 4 million euros per year. The fight to make progress on a new deal has alerted clubs across Europe, with Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain keen on the transfer of the Italy international.
The 24-year-old’s current contract keeps him at San Siro until 2024, but the Serie A club could be ready to part ways with the player if it means maximizing transfer fees for one of the best players in the league. Euro 2020.
– ESPN + Viewers Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Newcastle United’s planned spending spree have found new ground as the club seek to take advantage of the plight of a number of La Liga players. Pedro almeida reveals that the club is watching Ousmane Dembele, Isco and Jules Koundé, with all players recently linked to releases from their respective clubs.
– Manchester United plans to move to Aurélien Tchouameni, with the Express revealing that the Premier League side see him as an ideal partner for Paul Pogba. The AS Monaco midfielder saw top European clubs lining up for his signing, with Monday’s blog revealing Real Madrid’s growing interest in the 21-year-old who had already caught Chelsea’s attention and of Juventus.
– Gianluca Di Marzio writes AC Milan move for goalkeeper Antonio Mirante. While current number 1 Mike Maignan faces some time on the sidelines of a wrist injury, the Rossoneri will sign free agent Mirante. The 38-year-old spent last season with AS Roma, making 13 Serie A appearances.
– Paris Saint-Germain could join the race for Fiorentina Dusan Vlahovic, writes Le10 Sport. It is reported that PSG sporting director Leonardo sees the Serie A leader as a potential replacement if Kylian Mbappe leaves Parc des Princes this summer. The Ligue 1 club are the latest team to take an interest in the Serbian international who continues to be linked with a move away from The Viola.
– Alessio romagnoli wants to stay at AC Milan despite blocking contract negotiations, says Tuttomercato. The Serie A club are looking to cut the player’s salary by up to 50%, which has seen agent Mino Raiola refuse to cooperate at San Siro. The Italian defender is one of the Rossonerihighest earners of, earning around 6 million euros per year including bonuses.