By Nithinya Simuong — December 21, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
And 3 for Josh Allen, the first and rewarded comeback for touchdown scoring defenders.
Among offensive players, quarterbacks in the spotlight. Of course, the Vikings’ comeback against the Colts couldn’t be ignored with Kirk Cousins winning the NFC Offensive Player of the Week. In AFC, it’s a hat-trick for Josh Allen, the quarterback of the Bills, winner of the Dolphins, after his consecutive double in week 5 and 6. Common point between these 2 players: they threw 4 touchdown passes.
Among defensive players, a rookie in the spotlight. Selected in 5th choice by the Giants during the 2022 draft and author of a fumble strip bag for a touchdown, Kayvon Thibodeaux was awarded the NFC Defensive Player of the Week. More decisive, the safety Rayshawn Jenkins put the pick six of the victory during the success of the Jaguars on the Cowboys after extra time in addition to a record number of tackles (18).
In special teams, author of a 47-yard punt return touchdown that put the Lions on the path to success against the Jets, Kalif Raymond was rewarded in the NFC. In AFC, it was Chiefs punter Tommy Townsend who was rewarded. His punt from 42 yards on the 13 yards of the Texans allowed the defense of the Chiefs to recover the ball.
– Offensive: Kirk Cousins (QB, Vikings) – 34/54, 460 yards, 4 touchdowns, 2 interceptions
– Defensive: Kayvon Thibodeaux (EDGE, Giants) – 12 tackles (including 3 for loss), 1 sack, 1 pressure, 1 forced fumble, 1 covered fumble for touchdown
– Special teams: Kalif Raymond (WR, Lions) – punt return from 47 yards for a touchdown
– Offensive: Josh Allen (QB, Bills) – 25/40, 304 yards, 4 touchdowns
– Defensive: Rayshawn Jenkins (S, Jaguars) – 18 tackles, 2 interceptions including the game-winning pick six, 2 passes defended
– Special teams: Tommy Townsend (P, Chiefs)