NFL: the unlikely return of Brian Robinson son with the Commanders
Running back Brian Robinson Jr. will play his first career NFL game on Sunday less than two months after being hit by two gunshot wounds to the legs.
• Read also: NFL: a false debate among the Cowboys
• Read also: NFL: very bad football is played, according to Tom Brady
The Washington Commanders confirmed the matter on Saturday by removing their athlete’s name from the list of inactive players due to a non-football related injury. This means that the 23-year-old athlete will face the Tennessee Titans.
The running back, who seemed on his way to getting the starting role during his team’s training camp, before the incident, should however act as a second fiddle to Antonio Gibson for this first duel, since his starting time game will be limited. Robinson son should thus be on the ground for about twenty offensive games.
- Listen to the podcast The Paid Zone below:
On August 28, Robinson was the victim of an attempted armed robbery and was hit by two projectiles. However, he was lucky in his misfortune, since he did not suffer any major injury, he who was even able to start training again during his rehabilitation. The wounds have completely healed over the past week.
« He’s looked good in practice, » Commanders offensive coordinator Scott Turner said earlier this week. He’s not going to arrive and carry the ball 30 times from the start. It must be said that this will also be his first ever game in the NFL. He’s a rookie, so there will be an adjustment period, but we’re all excited. »
The Commanders will no doubt appreciate the contribution of Robinson Jr., who are 1-3 since the start of the season. Robinson will also join a well-rounded roster of running backs that also includes Gibson and JD McKissic.