NFL: Recap of the NFL football game between the Chiefs and the Chargers

Once again, Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce have shown that they can be nasty wizards when it comes to winning. The duo pulled a rabbit out of their hat in the dying moments of the game to give the Chiefs a 7th straight win, this time by a score of 34-28 over the Los Angeles Chargers in overtime.

Backed by seven points, Kansas City regained possession with less than three minutes to play in the fourth quarter. That was good enough for the Chiefs, however, who barely needed more than a minute to tie the game and force overtime. Mahomes joined Kelce on seven yards to get everyone back to square one.

The explosive duo put it back quickly into overtime. Kelce had 61 yards on two receptions, but most importantly it was his 34-yard touchdown that sealed the outcome of the game.

Kelce finished the game with 191 yards, a career personal best.

For his part, Mahomes threw three touchdowns and had more than 400 passing yards in a regular season game for the 7th time in his career. He is tied for 5th place in history with Dak Prescott. Only Drew Brees (12), Dan Marino (11), Peyton Manning (11) and Tom Brady (9) achieved the feat more often.

Tyreek Hill finished the game with 12 receptions and 148 yards. He also scored a touchdown.

The Chiefs were quick to show their intentions in the first quarter. From KC’s first possession, Mahomes and the Chiefs came back up the field to score the game’s first points, courtesy of Michael Burton.

The 2nd quarter was however to the advantage of the Chargers. Justin Herbert took it upon himself to put LA on the board on one yard, before spotting Jalen Guyton who gave the Chargers the lead for the first time in the game.

Austin Ekeler and Keenan Allen also scored touchdowns for Los Angeles.

With this win, Kansas City becomes the 5th team in NFL history to total seven seasons in a row with at least 10 wins.

Disturbing scene in the first quarter

There was a disturbing scene early in the first quarter as Donald Parham Jr. had to leave the field on a stretcher.

He attempted to catch a pass from Herbert, but lay on the ground for many minutes after his head hit the ground. The healers must have put on a cervical collar.

Parham is in stable condition in hospital and is being assessed for a head injury.

Laisser un commentaire