The results of the night in the NBA Summer League
Cavs @Bulls: 87-83
Sixers @ Hawks : 98-99
net @ Raptors: 99-94, after overtime
Heat @ Bucks: 91-72
Rockets @Warriors: 118-101
Hornets @ Pelicans : 83-89
Blazers @Magic: 98-71
Wolves @ Kings : 80-93
– It’s only Summer League, but Cam Whitmore begins to string together good matches and to justify the good reputation he had acquired at Villanova. Inevitably identified as a possible 2023 Draft steal (he was selected in 20th position after being announced in the top 5 or 10), Whitmore was hyperactive against the Warriors and contributed greatly to Houston’s success. The 20-year-old winger compiled 26 points, 5 rebounds, 1 block and… 8 steals!
Cam Whitmore DAZZLES in the @HoustonRockets win!
— NBA (@NBA) July 14, 2023
– Kobe Bufkin, the rear of Michigan drafted in 15th position by the Hawks, showed last night that he may well have the clutch DNA of the one from whom he takes his first name. Bufkin snatched the victory against Philadelphia 12 seconds from the end, having already given the advantage to Atlanta a few moments earlier on a shot and having offered an assist to his comrade Mouhamed Gueye.
KOBE BUFKIN GAMEWINNER 🔒
— NBA (@NBA) July 13, 2023
– Rayan Rupert played 32 minutes off the bench for Portland in the clear win over Orlando. The French rookie certainly did not shine at the finish (1/7) but he undoubtedly achieved his best performance of the summer with an impact on the rebound (12 takes), a little playmaking (3 assists) and a overall activity which resulted in the second best +/- of his team (+24). Rupert is the Blazer who has spent the most time on the court tonight.
In the footage below, it can be seen that Scoot Henderson is already very fond of Rayan Rupert and is a very enthusiastic teammate.
— Hoops Nation (@HoopsNation_1) July 14, 2023
– Orlando Robinson, the pivot of the Heat, continues to be one of the most consistent players in this Summer League. The 23-year-old interior, seen in the NBA last season, had 25 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocks in Florida’s win over Milwaukee. We wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the Miami roster at the start of the season with a few minutes to eat.
– Without Brandon Miller, which we will no longer see in the Summer League, the Hornets lost to the Pelicans. On the side of New Orleans, the « LeBron of the sea » (©Antoine Pimmel), Dereon Seabron (20 points) and Dyson Daniels (16 pts) did the heavy lifting while james bouknight (28 pts) was the most prominent for Charlotte.
– leonard millerthe interior rookie of Wolves, former teammate of Sidy Cissoko in Team Ignite, finished in double-double (10 pts, 11 rebounds) in the defeat of his against the Kings.
« Why do you call yourself King James? » When LeBron was a poor recruiter