Apple Arcade saw the launch of the NBA 2K franchise on the platform in 2021 and NBA 2K22 followed last year. Now, Apple has announced that NBA 2K23 is set to launch on its gaming service in October with everything you love about the franchise plus an all-new « Greatest » mode.
Apple has added NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition to its « Coming Soon » list of titles on the Arcade tab of the App Store.
With an expected launch date of October 18, the hit NBA 2K franchise is bringing an exclusive version of the game for this year’s release on Apple Arcade. This includes an all-new “Greatest” mode.
“Coming soon to Apple Arcade; NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition is the latest title from the popular NBA 2K franchise. Exclusive to Apple Arcade, put your skills to the test in the all-new “Greatest” mode. Complete challenges and earn points to see who really is the best finisher, shooter, point guard or defender in the NBA. For the first time, you can take on the 20 “Greatest of All-Time” NBA players from the 76th NBA season, like Devin Booker, Kevin Durant and Luka Doncic, and NBA legends, like Michael Jordan, Shaquille O’Neal and Dirk Nowitzki.
You can hit « Get » on the game’s Apple Arcade listing here to automatically download it when it becomes available on October 18.
Main features of NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition
- Start your NBA journey – from freshman to NBA legend
- Create your player and choose physical characteristics such as height, wingspan, weight, playing style, etc.
- Choose your position and play in your favorite NBA team
- Modify your stats and build: become a 3-point specialist or dominate and smack the paint
- Enter your own private MyCOURT and practice exercises and tutorials to improve your abilities
- Become the General Manager and Head Coach of your favorite NBA franchise and create your NBA dream team in The Association
- Manage your NBA roster and make trades, sign free agents, research hot prospects, and control your team’s finances
Quick match modes:
- Test your skills with an authentic basketball game, choose your favorite NBA team and compete against rivals from across the NBA in 5v5 basketball matches
- Blacktop mode: select your favorite players and play street basketball in 1v1, 3v3 or 5v5 game modes
Online multiplayer mode:
- Choose one of 30 NBA teams and compete against a friend in 3v3 street basketball in Blacktop mode against a friend
- Online multiplayer games: Play real-time PVP basketball in online matches
- Play alone or against friends via iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV.
- Compatibility with Xbox or PS DualShock controllers
Check out this video below for more Apple news: