By Editorial staff Nantes
See my news
The fall weather shouldn’t stop you from enjoying your weekend. The outdoor walk could be hampered by the capricious weather.
From Saturday 7 to Sunday 8 August 2021, several events are taking place at Nantes (Loire-Atlantique): exhibitions, parties or sporting activities, there is something for everyone!
Exhibitions not to be missed
Many cultural activities are exhibited in the various museums of Nantes. Here is a non-exhaustive list of events that are worth seeing.
- The exhibition Hypnosis to Nantes arts museum, retraces the cultural history of hypnosis through all fields of art (reservation required on site or online).
- The castle of the Dukes of Brittany welcomes the work of Japanese artist Toshihiro Hamano: The illustrated life of Prince Shotokou. A colossal work exhibited on the sidelines of the exhibition, Spirit and form of Japan.
- At the Jules Verne museum, you will be able to contemplate the exhibition Jules Verne-The extraordinary journey to Nantes, which offers you an offbeat tour of Nantes.
- At the Natural History Museum still stands on Reign of Silence, a cultural event where you can observe sculptures celebrating the kingdom of the living
You will be able to access these events from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., on presentation of a health pass.
Throughout the city, various free sports activities are offered in urban or natural environment, as part of the « Estives – playground ».
- Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 August, discovery of climbing at the Aubin square in 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.. There will be an additional slot Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. An initiation which will take place under the supervision of the collective of Nantes climbing instructors, Oz’Aleo.
- Sunday August 8, workout at the Grand Blottereau park from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., organized by Free Athletes.
These sports activities are free and without registration.
- Saturday August 7 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., takes place the first edition of Balapapa at the Cloud Station in Saint-Sébastien-sur-Loire, on Île Forget (boulevard des Pas Enchantés). An evening to dance to the music of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. The health pass is compulsory.
- Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 August: a parent-child workshop around the botanical drawing, with Anaïs Beaupoux and Isabelle Le Bihan.
- Contemplate the sky, since this weekend is the night of the stars. August is the best month for stargazing.
Has this article been useful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Nantes in the Mon Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.