Miami, September 27, 2022 – Motorsport Games Inc. (NASDAQ: MSGM) (“Motorsport Games”), a leading developer and publisher of racing video games and the official esports ecosystem provider for many motorsport disciplines around the world, today announced the arrival of five on-track activations during the 2022 NASCAR Cup playoffs.
Here are the race weekends where Motorsport Games will be present:
- Talladega Superspeedway – YellaWood 500 (Sunday October 2, 2022)
- Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval – Bank of America Roval 400 (Sunday October 9, 2022)
- Homestead-Miami Speedway – Dixie Vodka 400 (Sunday, October 23, 2022)
- Martinsville Speedway – Xfinity 500 (Sunday October 30, 2022)
- Phoenix Raceway – NASCAR Cup Series Championship (Sunday, November 6, 2022)
« Motorsport Games has always prided itself on its lively, interactive and thrilling on-track activations during the NASCAR Cup, and this new batch of five events is the biggest yet. »said Jay Pennell, the boss of the NASCAR brand, Motorsport Games. « Fans will not only be able to visit our booth to have a good time playing our various content, but also compete to win amazing prizes if they wish. We can’t wait to see who will achieve the fastest laps, and who will come out on top during the NASCAR Rivals Championship race. »
The five on-track activations will offer the community a unique way to interact with Motorsport Games products, while showcasing the improvements and developments made in its panel of video games.
At each race, fans will be able to play the NASCAR 21: Ignition 2022 expansion on both PC and consoles. In addition, it will also be possible to play the next version of NASCAR Rivals, with six Nintendo Switch available.
An additional competition to these events will also be available, with one of the Nintendo Switch which will be dedicated to duels on NASCAR Rivals. Each competition will take place on the same track, while the event and gameplay will be adjusted to the highest level of difficulty in the settings for the entire tournament (namely on the thrown rounds, Split Screen and Race Now ). The flying laps will take place on the first day of each event, with the best lap recorded. The top eight drivers will then go head-to-head using NASCAR Rivals’ Split Screen mode, according to set times. The races will be shown on a television set next to the Motorsport Games events truck, with Dylan « Mamba » Smith serving as commentator and emcee.
The distribution of prizes will be as follows:
- The winner of each qualifying round (from Talladega to Martinsville) will receive a signed BJ McLeod helmet, a Nintendo Switch console, a copy of NASCAR Rivals, an interview with McLeod and Matt Tifft, as well as flights, accommodations and also VIP passes for two people for the Phoenix weekend.
- The second in each qualifying round (from Talladega to Martinsville) will receive a Nintendo Switch console, a copy of NASCAR Rivals, an interview with McLeod and Tifft, as well as a hero card signed McLeod.
After qualifying weekends, the competition will move to Phoenix Raceway as part of the NASCAR Cup Championship. During this weekend, the flying competitions will take place on the first day of each event, like the previous four. However, instead of head-to-head races, the fastest four drivers will advance to the NASCAR Rivals Championship race.
A total of eight drivers will contest 4% of the race distance at Phoenix Raceway (22 laps), while gameplay will retain the hardest settings. As for the qualifying heats, Dylan « Mamba » Smith will take on the role of commentator and master of ceremonies. The championship winner will receive two VIP passes to the 2023 Daytona 500 as well as $10,000, a molded trophy of the #78 Ford driven by McLeod in NASCAR Rivals, and a copy of NASCAR 23 for console (when this will be available).
In addition to the competitions that will take place during the events, Motorsport Games will also offer a question and answer session with future driver Gavan Boschele (only in Charlotte).
To follow all Motorsport Games news, visit www.motorsportgames.com and do not hesitate to visit the Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts.