After two first seasons, the Ligier European Series takes off in 2022 with 21 cars starting at Le Castellet for around thirty drivers who do not intend to make up the numbers. In total respect of the Spirit of Le Mans, the two categories of the series are perfectly represented with eleven GT Ligier JS2 R for ten Ligier JS P4 sports-prototypes.
Seduced by the exceptional calendar of the series which will visit the most beautiful circuits in Europe (Le Castellet, Imola, Monza, Spa-Francorchamps, Portimao) as well as the legendary circuit of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the competitors will fight for two titles ( JS P4 and JS2 R) rewarded with endowments worth €250,000 to continue to evolve in the endurance pyramid (in Ligier JS P4 for the champion(s) Ligier JS2 R, and in Michelin Le Mans Cup at the wheel of a Ligier JS P320 for the champion(s) Ligier JS P4).
Decryption of this list of five-star entries.
Category JS P4
– Nine teams are ready to fight.
– The majority of teams rely on duo crews.
– Yvan Muller MRacing’s team switches to Ligier JS P4 with the #53 entered for the 2021 JS2 R champion, Natan Bihel, who continues his rise in the world of endurance.
– Undefeated since the beginning of the series, HP Racing Team sets out to conquer its third JS P4 title.
– Two JS P4 Champions for the HP Racing Team. At the wheel of the #12 Ligier JS P4 operated by Eurointernational, 2021 JS P4 champion Jacopo Faccioni shares the wheel with 2020 JS P4 champion Andrea Dromedari.
– Monza Garage, after its collaboration with HP Racing Team in 2021, is entering this time under its own name with the #23 driven by George King and Ronnie Valori.
– Present in the Michelin Le Mans Cup and European Le Mans Series, Team Virage arrives in the Ligier European Series with a Ligier JS P4 for young driver Gillian Henrion.
– Pegasus Racing joins the Ligier European Series with, in particular, a Ligier JS P4 for Dimitri Enjalbert and Anthony Nahra.
– LR Motorsport is also making its debut with the #3 for Simone Riccitelli and Nicola Neri who discovered the discipline during the last round of the 2021 season at Portimao.
– The Romanian Smart Driving team joins the ranks of the series with a Ligier JS P4 for a 100% Romanian crew, made up of 2021 Radical champions, Alexandru Mirea and Philip Andriescu.
– Les Deux Arbres is entering two Ligier JS P4s for the second consecutive year, including one for Jacques Nicolet.
– The HRC team, present in 2020 with a Ligier JS2 R, will start from Le Castellet with a Ligier JS P4.
– Three Ligier JS P4 teams are also entering a Ligier JS2 R.
Category JS2 R
– Almost perfect equality between solo and duo crews.
– Seven teams embark on a JS2 R campaign, with four returning to the series.
– Four teams double the lead by fielding two Ligier JS2 Rs.
– Two Michelin Le Mans Cup teams are on board: COOL Racing and RLR MSport.
– COOL Racing returns with the same driver as in 2021, Cédric Oltramare.
– RLR MSport joins the series for the first time with two Ligier JS2 R driven by two promising young drivers, Horst Felix Felbermayr and Haytham Qarajouli.
– MRacing returns with its favorite driver, the Gentleman of the Year 2021, Laurent Millara, third in 2021.
– CTF Performance sees double with two Ligier JS2 R entered this season for Fabien Delaplace and Laurent Piguet on the #96 and Nicolas Béraud on the #95.
– TM Evolution, present during the inaugural season, is making a comeback with two GTs, the #11 for Alain Grand and the #25 for Bruno Chaudet and Freddy Menanteau
– Smart Driving is entering, in addition to its Ligier JS P4, two Ligier JS2 R at Le Castellet with two crews also 100% Romanian, Bogdan Dobranici / Ovidiu Zaberca on #5 and Marian Oancea / Radu Dumitrescu on #22.
– Pegasus Racing enters a Ligier JS2 R, the #29 for Christophe Weber and David Caussanel.
See you on Friday April 15 for the first Heat of the season which will start with two 40-minute free practice sessions at 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Then place the two qualifying sessions of fifteen minutes each at 4:20 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. The serious things will begin on Saturday morning with two fierce one-hour races, the first at 10:50 a.m. and the second at 3 p.m.
Both races will be streamed live on the series’ YouTube and Facebook channels.