MLB: Blue Jays looking for better offensive production


General manager Ross Atkins said Monday that the Toronto Blue Jays’ priority is to add offensive production in the offseason.

According to TSN reporter assigned to the team, Scott Mitchell, two free agents could fill this need, either Michael Conforto, in which the club has already shown interest, and Jurickson Profar. The Jays have money in the bank but might as well go through a trade.

« I don’t think a lot of teams can say unlike us that they can go through the exchanges as much as the autonomy market, » said Atkins, who took advantage of the day to present his new acquisition. , Chris Bassitt, who signed for three years and $63 million last week.

“You could say our rotation of starters is top-5 caliber. We believe it. We will continue to find ways to improve it further. We also have one of the best groups of relievers at this stage, especially in terms of depth. »

Kevin Gausman, Alek Manoah, Bassitt and Jose Berrios will likely fill four of the five starting roles next season. As for the fifth, Atkins has kept the door open to fill the position internally.

« We’re excited to see (Yusei) Kikuchi bounce back, along with Mitch White and other prospects. »

Atkins also addressed the issue of the receiver surplus by indicating that the organization would be ready to bring back Alejandro Kirk, Danny Jansen and Gabriel Moreno for the next campaign.

“We are in a strong position among receivers and we are 100% comfortable continuing like this,” he said, stressing that the exchange market for receivers is “exceptionally strong”.

Laisser un commentaire