Manchester United cool down on West Ham’s Declan Rice and Leeds’ Kalvin Phillips
The summer transfer window is closed for the best European leagues! After a summer rich in international football, countless clubs have waited until the last minute to make their transfers. Check out all the major offers here and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. But just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue.
TOP STORY: Man Utd turns to Leeds Phillips
Having long been linked with West Ham United Declan rice, Manchester United now turns their attention to Leeds United Kalvin phillips, according to The Daily Star.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will make a midfielder their priority next summer, and the Red Devils could abandon their interest in Rice with a £ 90million transfer valuation from the Hammers higher than United are willing to pay.
With Liverpool who would be the favorite to sign Jude bellingham from Borussia Dortmund, Phillips is Man United’s new target.
But they might have a hard time persuading Phillips to leave Elland Road for Old Trafford. The 25-year-old is a born and raised Leeds fan, and a move to the club’s big rivals would be controversial. He has a contract which runs until 2024 and is valued at around £ 60million.
Man United attracted Leeds stars such as Eric Cantona, Rio Ferdinand and Alan Smith during the Premier League era.
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
09.57 BST: Roma midfielder Steven nzonzi is set to sign for Qatari club Al Rayyan, according to Calciomercato.
Nzonzi’s contract with Roma expires next summer and he has not made an appearance for Jose Mourinho’s side this season.
The 32-year-old has until September 30 to strike a deal with Al Rayyan, who signed James Rodriguez from Everton last week, ahead of the transfer deadline.
09:00 BST: Paris Saint-Germain striker Kylian Mbappé « Sees himself at Real Madrid », according to the Spanish sports daily COMME.
Mbappe was seen on camera complaining as he sat on the bench after being substituted in PSG’s 2-0 win over Montpellier this weekend that his teammate Neymar failed him sufficiently transmitted.
AS are now reporting that « his last row with Neymar and criticism from fans and the press reinforced his idea of signing for Real Madrid in January ».
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– Ajax contacted representatives of young FC Dallas Ricardo Pepi, according to reporter Chris Smith. The 18-year-old has shown promise in Major League Soccer, registering 12 goals and two assists in 24 appearances, as he scored one goal and provided two assists on his international debut for the United States. against Honduras earlier this month.
– Liverpool are interested in signing Sampdoria winger Mikkel Damsgaard, Calciomercato reports. There will be competition for the 21-year-old, however, as Inter Milan and Juventus also look to the Denmark international, who impressed at Euro 2020.
– In an interview with Journal Sportif, left-back Benfica Alexandre grimaldo says he hopes to return to play for Barcelona one day. The 26-year-old said: “It was something I thought, that when I left it was see you later, not goodbye. I was there eight years. I am very happy at Benfica, I feel important here. But it’s Clearly, Barcelona is my home and I have a lot of love for it. Grimaldo started at Valencia before moving to Barca in 2008, spending eight years with the club before moving to Benfica. However, he never appeared in Barca’s first team, playing 92 games for the “B” team.
– AS Roma manager Jose Mourinho wants new midfielder and Tottenham Hotspur’s Tanguy Ndombele could be the man to enter, according to Calciomercato. It is reported that Mourinho wants an athletic player and the Frenchman is seen as a good candidate – although his contract with Spurs runs until 2025. Ndombele, 24, had an icy relationship with Mourinho when they were together at the Spurs.
– Barcelona are about to start working on a new contract for Ansu fati, according to Journal Sportif, the 18-year-old who scored on Sunday in a triumphant return from a knee injury that kept him from playing for 10 months. His last renewal was signed in December 2019, and it is recognized that his increased status at the club means they must make an effort to review the deal.