The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: United eye Sevilla’s Kounde
Manchester United want to sign Sevilla center-back Jules Koundé despite the fact that the LaLiga club have held 80million euros, as reported by abc.
It is even suggested that the Red Devils could sign the France international during the January transfer window to resolve their defensive issues.
Clubs across Europe are showing interest in the 22-year-old, but the Premier League seems his most likely destination due to the league’s financial strength.
It comes after Chelsea had a € 50million offer rejected during the summer transfer window.
Recent losses to derby rivals Liverpool and Manchester City have prompted the Red Devils to sign another center-back despite the arrival of Raphael Varane from Real Madrid this summer.
However, Sevilla will also assess how it feels to lose the Frenchman in the middle of the season. The Andalusians are one point behind La Liga leaders Real Sociedad with a game in hand. They sit at the bottom of their Champions League group, but still have a chance to advance to the knockout stage.
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Liverpool could be set to sign a winger in the January transfer window to make up for the loss of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane in the Africa Cup of Nations, as Fabrizio Romano reported on the C ‘ is gone Podcast. Arnaut Danjuma, who signed for Villarreal from Bournemouth over the summer, is said to be a player of particular interest for the Reds.
– Juventus could consider signing one of the many candidates if they are unable to bring in the AS Monaco midfielder and long-term target Aurélien Tchouameni. Among the names are Borussia Dortmund, according to Calciomercato Axel witsel, Borussia Mönchengladbach Denis zakaria and Bayern Munich Corentin Tolisso. But their first option is that of Marseille Boubacar Kamara, which also struck a deal this summer.
– West Ham United consider making third signing attempt Giovanni Siméone as they look to add a striker to their squad, according to The Daily Express. However, with the Argentine loaned to Hellas Verona from Cagliari and the first on loan to trigger a clause that would make this transfer permanent, it could be difficult to sign him.
– Internazionale still control Ajax Amsterdam goalkeeper signature André Onana despite the interest of Barcelona among others, as reported Fabrice Romano. He says Inter have had a verbal deal with the Cameroonian for months and a deal will be formally reached when the rules allow.
– Napoli hope to recruit a defender Federico Gatti of Serie B side Frosinone, as reported by Calciomercato. The 23-year-old is valued between 5 and 6 million euros but that doesn’t appear to be a problem as there is interest from Juventus, Atalanta and clubs abroad as well. In fact, a decision could even be made during the January transfer window.