Manchester City’s Bernando Silva looking to exit if Jack Grealish joins
Euro 2020 and the Copa America are over and the summer transfer window is open, giving Europe’s biggest clubs the chance to create a sensation in the market. Check out the latest gossip below, and check out all the official offers here.
TOP STORY: Silva seeks to get out of town if Grealish signs
Manchester City hope to complete a move for Jack Grealish in the coming weeks, which means Bernardo Silva may seek to move away from the club, according to the Daily Mail.
Silva, 26, has been on Etihad’s side since 2017, joining AS Monaco for £ 45million. Both Atletico Madrid and Barcelona are said to be interested in the versatile midfielder if he wants to leave England.
Sources told ESPN that City made a £ 100million gesture for Aston Villa star Grealish. City also still have an interest The Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane, but it would take one or two first-team players to raise funds for both deals. And it is reported that Silva could be one of those to move on.
Silva has made over 130 league appearances for City and has been involved in three Premier League wins, one FA Cup and four League Cups – playing in central midfield and away.
He played 45 times in all competitions last season, finely balanced between cup outs and league games, involved in 14 goals.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– ESPN + spectator guide: Bundesliga, La Liga, MLS, FA Cup and more
09.30 BST: Wolves winger Adama traore has been linked with a move away from Molineux in recent months, and Duncan Castles told the Podcast on the transfer window this Leeds United are the latest club to take the plunge, with a transfer offer of £ 30million. The 25-year-old, who started his career at Barcelona, made his full debut for Spain against Portugal in October and was part of his country’s squad for Euro 2020 this summer.
– Amid Grealish speculation, Aston Villa agreed to personal terms for Leon Bailey, according to Football Insider. The 23-year-old Jamaica international has been linked with a move to Villa Park and has a transfer value of around £ 30million, but Bayer Leverkusen have reportedly resisted almost £ 35million. Bailey had the best numbers of the season for Leverkusen last year, scoring 15 goals and assisting 11.
– Lyon are about to sign the goalkeeper André Onana Ajax, according to AS. The 25-year-old has only one year left on his current contract and is looking to move away into the next phase of his career. Ajax would have resisted just over 10 million euros, while Ligue 1 barely exceeded 5 million euros at the start. However, there has been a breakthrough between the two clubs, with their ratings closing in on a move that works for both.
– Arsenal is open to authorization Hector Bellerin leave on loan, despite previous attempts to arrange a permanent move, according to Calciomercato. Inter Milan, who recently transferred right-back Achraf Hakimi to Paris Saint-Germain, are looking for a replacement, with Bellerin linked. The 26-year-old isn’t the only player of interest to hold the position, however, with Nahitan Nandez of Cagliari also on Inter’s radar.
– Arsenal and Ajax show interest in Watford goalkeeper Daniel Bachmann, after Le Soleil. The 27-year-old impressed at Euro 2020 for Austria as a top-choice goalkeeper, but Watford is keen to keep him. Arsenal were looking for a new goalkeeper to challenge Bernd Leno after Mat Ryan’s short-term loan ended. As for Ajax, he is planning his life without Onana, who only has one year left on his contract.
– Wolfsburg and Eintracht Frankfurt plan to relocate Hauge gauges, reports Gazzetta dello Sport. The 21-year-old joined AC Milan in October 2020 but the winger is likely to leave. Milan are hoping to keep € 12-13million, while both Bundesliga clubs have offered € 7-8million so far.