Latest Juventus star Adrien Rabiot linked with Newcastle after takeover
The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Newcastle take an interest in Rabiot as a big signing
Following their recent takeover, Calciomercato reports that Newcastle United are interested in a move for the Juventus midfielder Adrien rabiot.
The old lady is said to be willing to move on to the France international as she begins a team reshuffle in midfield, while the 26-year-old would prefer to move to the Premier League.
Juventus consider reshuffle of midfield ranks – AS Monaco Aurélien Tchouameni and that of Manchester United Donny van de Beek are considered options – but the Italian team must move some players before.
Newcastle are now linked with plenty of transfers due to the wealth of the club’s new owners, with UEFA Nations League winner Rabiot the latest to enter the conversation.
Juventus are said to be able to move him for minimal evaluation while losing very little as the player joined a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain in 2019. He struggled in Serie A amid a mix of inconsistent performance and injuries.
A new club could also be the fresh start Rabiot needs to stay in the mix with Blues ahead of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
– ESPN + Viewers Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– AC Milan ready to change winger Samu Castillejo with LaLiga club Getafe interested, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. The 26-year-old recently found himself out of Stefano Pioli’s plans for the future, with Getafe reportedly making a deal with the player on a return to Spain.
– La Liga sides Atletico Madrid and Sevilla are interested in Fenerbahce defender Attila Szalai, according to the journalist Ekrem Konur. The Hungarian international has impressed this season in the Turkish league. At 23, he could still progress to the post of central defender.
– Juventus have joined AS Roma to show interest in Borussia Mönchengladbach midfielder Denis zakaria. According to Tuttosport, Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri is eyeing the Switzerland international if he cannot land the aforementioned Tchouameni, with contacts opening up to the possible transfer of the midfielder.
– AC Milan want to sign the youngster from Pisa in Serie B Lorenzo Lucca, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. The Rossoneri are looking for a young central striker to succeed Zlatan Ibrahimovic and possibly Olivier Giroud. Lucca, 21, impressed with his consistency, with a valuation of € 10million allegedly attributed to him.
– Robert lewandowski would be frustrated at Bayern Munich amid uncertainty over their future, according to Sport BILD. The Poland international is upset by the links between Bayern and Borussia Dortmund Erling Haaland and FC Salzburg Karim adeyemi, both seen as potential successors to the 33-year-old.