The Brentford striker, an England international, is under investigation for alleged bets between 2017 and 2021.
Brentford striker Ivan Toney is under investigation by the FA for breaching sports betting law more than 200 times. According to the Daily Mail, it has been more than seven months since the investigations have been underway for these facts which date back to the period 2017-2021, that is to say before the arrival of the 26-year-old player in the Premier League.
« Brentford have been told Ivan Toney is charged with breaking FA rule E8communicated his team. The club have spoken with Ivan and his lawyers about this matter, and those conversations will continue in private. We will not comment further until the matter has been closed.»
After the Daily Mail article was published, Toney, who was not selected for the England squad to take part in the World Cup in Qatar, said he was helping FA investigators.
This Tuesday, the FA announced that 30 new offenses had been recorded, in addition to the 232 already retained against Ivan Toney.