It’s the recovery for AC Spezia!
Surprising and attractive promoted last season, AC Spezia must now confirm during this second season in a row in the elite of Italian football. Under the leadership of Vincenzo Italiano, the small Ligurian club had pleasantly surprised the Serie A followers with its enticing and spectacular game. With the departure of its trainer from Fiorentina and the arrival of a new American owner in February, AC Spezia seems to be at a real turning point in its history. The second Serie A season promises to be an exciting one for the tifosi especially since it is Thiago Motta who is now on the bench and who must also prove things after a start to his coaching career, to say the least, complicated.
– Thiago Motta : A new challenge for the former Inter midfielder after a terrible failure at Genoa. It will not be easy for the Italo-Brazilian still looking for the adventure that should launch his coaching career. For now, despite his appealing game ideas on paper, Thiago Motta still hasn’t convinced on a bench. The choice of AC Spezia seems both exciting and complex. With a small Serie A club, the Italian international will be able to develop his ideas more easily. But on the other hand, he will not have the right to make mistakes since AC Spezia will play his second season in a row in Serie A headed by the new American owner.
– Viktor Kovalenko : What if the Ukrainian international midfielder was the pleasant surprise of the coming season for Spezia? While he signed his contract with Atalanta on February 1, the former Shakthar Donetsk player was loaned six months later. The Ukrainian midfielder has a great experience at a big club playing regularly in the Champions League. He will undoubtedly be a key part of the workforce to seek new maintenance.
– Kelvin Amian: It could be a nice surprise on the side of the promoted Ligurian. The former Toulouse side and French hope has decided to change air to discover a new championship. An important element of the Toulouse workforce for several seasons, Amian has some experience in Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 which could not be useless.
In addition to these new features, the club has notably recruited other interesting players: Daniele Verde (AEK Athens), Aimar Sher (Hammarby), Leo sena (Atletico Mineiro), Ebrahima Collie (Atalanta), Dimitrios Nikolaou (AEK Athens).
– Vincenzo Italiano (coach, Fiorentina): The former coach of Spezia left this summer to live a new story with Fiorentina. The latter, after a complicated season, decided to turn to another coach with attractive ideas. Hopefully for him that he will succeed in reviving a former big of Serie A after several years of wandering.
– Andrey Galabinov (Reggina): For three seasons the Bulgarian international has not really managed to perform. The former Genoa striker decided to return to Serie B on the side of Reggina after having nevertheless experienced a good rise in Serie A as well as maintaining the following season.
– Gennaro Acampora (Benevento): The midfielder also leaves for Serie B by signing for Benevento. Lacking playing time at La Spezia, the midfielder will try to revive himself at the lower echelon.
The probable eleven
Taking into account the first official game against Pordenone in the Italian Cup, here is what Thiago Motta’s eleven could look like for the season ahead.
AC Spezia (3-4-3): Zoet; Hristov, Erlic, Nikolaou; Ferrer, Kovalenko, Maggiore, Amian; Collie, Mraz, Verde. Coach: Thiago Motta.