AMAZON PRIME VIDEO LIGUE 1. Ligue 1 is already in full swing ahead of the World Cup in November. To follow the matches, go to Amazon Prime Video with its Ligue 1 pass. Good news, Amazon is offering a new so-called « season » subscription offer.
[Mis à jour le 7 septembre 2022 à 12h43] No more discounts at Amazon but still the possibility of making some savings by opting for the season pass. If until August 28, it was possible to take advantage of a preferential rate of 89 euros for the entire 2022-2023 season, the rate rose to 99 euros in September. It remains more interesting than the monthly rate displayed at 12.99 euros, the latter having the advantage of being non-binding. As a reminder, the Ligue 1 pass allowing you to see the matches on Amazon Prime Video is only valid if you have already subscribed to the Prime subscription at 50 euros per year.
Like last season, the Amazon Prime service will broadcast 8 of the 10 matches each day, including the famous Sunday night poster. Amazon has prepared a little surprise for this new season with the launch of this « season » offer. With an 11-month commitment, one-time payment costs 99 euros, a great saving compared to payment per month without commitment (12.99 x 11 months: 142.89 euros). What to enjoy the whole 2022-2023 championship season and follow your favorite team.
If this season takes place without the iconic clubs Saint-Etienne and Bordeaux, both relegated to Ligue 2 like FC Metz, this 2022-2023 vintage will be a milestone with the return of AJ Auxerre to Ligue 1. The former club of Guy Roux returns after 10 years of presence in Ligue 2 and is accompanied by AC Ajaccio and Toulouse, crowned champion of Ligue 2. Know first of all that to watch Ligue 1, you must have an Amazon Prime account then subscribe to the Pass Ligue 1 option. The platform is accessible on your connected TV or via the subscription area of your Internet TV decoder. It is also possible to watch Amazon Prime Video and all matches on your smartphone or tablet. An account allows you to connect with three different devices. Enough to support everyone’s favorite team and raise the atmosphere at home!
To watch Ligue 1 matches this year, you have to go through two distinct steps, first joining the Amazon Prime program and then subscribing to the Ligue 1 Pass to watch the matches:
- First, you need a valid Amazon Prime subscription. This subscription allows you to benefit from free and faster delivery of Amazon parcels but also and above all to access the Amazon Prime Video streaming platform. Amazon Prime is charged 49.99 euros if you opt for a one-year subscription or 5.99 per month (without commitment).
- Second step, on the Amazon Prime Video streaming platform, you subscribe to the « Pass Ligue 1 », billed at 12.99 euros per month, a non-binding offer. The subscription can therefore be terminated at any time. You can already subscribe directly online to watch all the big Ligue 1 matches. To subscribe and find all the information, you can access the site directly by clicking below.
Take advantage of the Amazon Prime Pass Ligue 1 offer at 12.99 euros/month
To watch the matches, simply download the Amazon Prime Video application to your tablet, smartphone, connected television… or directly to your computer. The Amazon Prime Video app is also available on PS4, PS5 or Xbox One game consoles, on the Google Chromecast decoder or via Orange, Bouygues Telecom, SFR, Free and Apple TV boxes.
How much does the Ligue 1 subscription cost on Amazon Prime Video? First step, the Amazon Prime subscription is sold for €49 per year or if you prefer €5.99 per month (after a one-month trial period). Both offers are non-binding. This is a subscription that allows you to access the Amazon Prime Video streaming catalog but also Amazon Prime expedited delivery among other benefits. To access the matches of the French championship, you must also subscribe to the Amazon Prime Ligue 1 option, the « Ligue 1 Pass » which costs an additional €12.99 in addition to the classic subscription.
If you do not have a connected TV but receive television via your decoder provided by your internet service provider, it is possible in many cases to access Amazon Prime Video then subscribe to the Ligue 1 Pass to watch the matches live on your TV. Otherwise, it is possible to subscribe via your smartphone, tablet or computer to watch the matches in streaming on these devices.
- On Orange, Amazon Prime Video is accessible via your remote control and the Orange menu. This requires a compatible decoder. The following decoders allow subscription: TV Play decoder, TV4 decoder or UHD TV. To subscribe: go to Orange channel 67.
- On SFR, only certain decoders are compatible and allow access to Amazon Prime Video and then subscription to the Ligue 1 Pass. This requires a Plus decoder, a Box 8 TV or a THD 4K box. Amazon Prime Video is then accessible via channel 67.
- Via Free, Amazon Prime Video is included if you have a Freebox Delta offer. To activate the offer, go to your Free account in the « My subscription » or « Television » section then « Manage my Amazon Prime account ». You just need to enter your Amazon identifiers (to be created beforehand on the Amazon site if it has not already been done) to obtain an Amazon Prime account. For Freebox Pop, Freebox Revolution and Freebox mini 4K subscribers, this is an option at €5.99/month, with no obligation. It will then be necessary to subscribe to the « Pass Ligue 1 » at the standard rate of 12.99 euros per month.
For this new 2022-2023 season, it is once again via the Amazon Prime Video subscription that French football fans will be able to discover 80% of Ligue 1 matches, i.e. the matches that Médiapro had purchased before ending up in default of payment. in 2021. To be precise, this represents 8 matches broadcast on Amazon Prime Video per day of the Ligue 1 championship, including all the most beautiful posters. Amazon has globally recovered the old Médiapro-Téléfoot contract with 8 matches broadcast each day out of the 10 on the program. Amazon Prime Video offers especially the biggest poster of the day of Ligue 1, usually Sunday evening. OM-PSG, PSG-Lyon Monaco-Marseille, Lens-PSG, Marseille-Lyon or Lille-PSG should therefore be broadcast on Amazon each time. Matches will be commented live. Smail Bouabdellah and Julien Brun, passed by BeIN Sports, will be in particular for the comments.
Here is a summary of how a day of Ligue 1 is structured on Amazon Prime Ligue 1:
- 1st game on Friday at 9 p.m.
- 2nd game on Saturday at 5 p.m.
- 3 matches on Saturday at 8 p.m.
- 6th game on Sunday at 1 p.m.
- 7th game on Sunday at 3 p.m.
- Weekly magazine every Sunday at 7 p.m.
- 8th match on Sunday at 8:45 p.m. (best poster of the day)
Amazon Prime Video does not only broadcast Ligue 1 matches. Subscribers will be able to enjoy a 15-minute broadcast before and after each match. Half-time will also be an opportunity to look back on the first period with the help of statistics, replays and technical palettes analyzed by the consultants. On Sundays, a magazine is broadcast at 7 p.m. Presented by journalist Marina Lorenzo, this magazine is available every Sunday to all Amazon Prime subscribers, even to those who have not subscribed to the Amazon Prime Ligue 1 option. Subscribers will also be able to find all the matches in replay for 7 days.
Do we have access to Ligue 1 matches when we are only subscribed to Amazon Prime? The answer is no. This is an additional subscription. You do not automatically have access to the French championship if you are already an Amazon Prime subscriber. If you are interested in this addition, it will cost you the price of the additional option, an option called « Pass Ligue 1 » (see previous paragraphs) billed at 12.99 euros per month.
The Ligue 1 Pass free trial offer is over. From August 1 to 29, 2021, for the launch of the offer, each Amazon Prime Video subscriber could test the Prime Ligue 1 offer for seven days in order to discover the platform dedicated to French football. Since August 29, 2021, however, it is no longer possible to give it a try with the free trial, the offer having expired… You must therefore now subscribe to access the matches but the offer remains without commitment and therefore cancellable at any time.
This is one of the issues that subscribers to streaming services are particularly fond of, multi-screen viewing is very important for potential customers. On Twitter, Amazon announced that the Amazon Prime Ligue 1 subscription allows you to « watch up to three different matches simultaneously using the same Amazon account, and view the same match on two devices at the same time. » In addition, Amazon Prime Ligue 1 customers can watch the same match on three different devices at the same time, confirmed the American giant on its website.