– Group A: Ajax Amsterdam (NED), Liverpool (ENG), Napoli (ITA), Glasgow Rangers (SCO)
– Group B: FC Porto (POR), Atlético Madrid (ESP), Bayer Leverkusen (GER), Club Brugge (BEL)
– Group C: Bayern Munich (GER), Barcelona (ESP), Inter Milan (ITA), Viktoria Plzen (CZE)
– Group D: Eintracht Frankfurt (GER), Tottenham Hotspur (ENG), Sporting Portugal (POR), Marseille (FRA)
– Group E: AC Milan (ITA), Chelsea (ENG), RB Salzburg (AUT), Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
– Group F: Real Madrid (ESP), RB Leipzig (GER), Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR), Celtic Glasgow (SCO)
– Group G: Manchester City (ENG), Sevilla FC (ESP), Borussia Dortmund (GER), FC Copenhagen (DEN)
– Group H: Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Juventus (ITA), Benfica (POR), Maccabi Haifa (ISR)
For a few hours, Istanbul is the capital of European football. This Thursday, August 25 from 6:00 p.m., the Turkish city hosts the draw for the group stage for the Champions League. It is also in Istanbul that the Champions League final will be held in June 2023.
5:01 p.m. UT. All group stages after draw.
4:55 p.m. UT. Real Madrid will put their title on the line.
Marseille with Frankfurt, Tottenham and Sporting Lisbon in Group D. Defending champion Real Madrid with Leipzig, Donetsk and Celtic in Group F.
4:44 p.m. UT. Towards a Bayern Munich-Barcelona clash in Group C.
FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich will face each other in the clash of Group C of the Champions League, according to the draw carried out on Thursday in Istanbul (Turkey).
It will be the return to Bavaria of star striker Robert Lewandowski, just weeks after his transfer to Catalonia from Bayern.
4:41 p.m. UT. PSG opposed to Juventus Turin.
PSG inherited Juventus Turin as their main opponent in the Champions League group stage, according to the draw made this Thursday in Istanbul. The group stage will take place from September 6 to November 2.
4:24 p.m. UT. Giorgio Marchetti greets the participating teams.
The draw is about to begin, announces UEFA. His UEFA General Secretary Giorgio Marchetti took charge of the evening and wished good luck to all the participating teams.
4:18 p.m. UT. Which European teams qualified for the Champions League?
The group stage draw includes all 32 qualified teams. The teams concerned are classified into 4 groups, called « hats ». Pot 1 is made up of the holders and the winners of the UEFA Europa League, namely Real Madrid and Eintracht Frankfurt. The Spanish and German clubs rub shoulders with the champions of the 6 highest ranked nations.
3:19 p.m. UT. Arrival of club leaders in Istanbul.
The president of Paris SG Nasser Al-Khelaifi was among the first distinguished guests to arrive on site.
2:57 p.m. UT. Stefan Kuntz present at the ceremony.
Turkey national team manager Stefan Kuntz is in Istanbul to attend the Champions League group stage draw.