FIFA releases snapshot of international transfers (June – August 2021)
– Posted on September 8, 2021
FIFA has just released its International Transfer Snapshot (June – August 2021), an analysis of player transfers during the most recent transfer window.
According to this report, the number of male transfers is at the same level as last year, although there is a slight decrease in the total amount of negotiated transfer fees. With regard to women’s football, there is a significant increase in the number of transfers during the mid-year registration period compared to the same registration period in 2020.
Some key points:
- 7,748 international transfers involving professional players during the mid-year registration period, close to last year’s result.
- USD 3.72 billion in compensation for international transfers of professional footballers.
- 576 international transfers of female footballers concluded during the mid-year registration period, an increase of 8.7% compared to the same registration period in 2020.
- A 72.2% increase in the number of transfers of professional footballers giving rise to compensation, compared to the same registration period in 2020 – 31 transfers in total.
FIFA is releasing this snapshot for the second year in a row following the end of the international transfer window, to provide an overview of the transfer market in both men’s and women’s football.
In January 2022, FIFA will present an in-depth analysis of the characteristics of international transfers concluded throughout the year.
To download the full instané, click HERE or go to legal.fifa.com.