The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Olmo’s transfer to Barca in doubt
Dani OlmoRB Leipzig’s future move to Barcelona had long seemed pretty much inevitable, but El Nacional are now claiming the move could be in doubt.
The midfielder, who went through Barca’s La Masia academy, made it clear he hopes to play at Camp Nou when the Blaugrana attempted to sign it towards the end of the summer transfer window.
However, the Spain international now has doubts due to Barcelona’s interest in Manchester City. Rahim sterling.
Barcelona’s intention has left Olmo concerned that he could be considered by the Catalans.
Manchester United have long been interested in Olmo, and although they are aware that his favorite option has always been to sign for Barcelona, he could now turn to the Red Devils.
They are looking for a quick decision from the 23-year-old, hoping Barcelona appeal to Sterling so they can sign the man from RB Leipzig.
This worried Xavi Hernandez, as he fears he might not have one of the players he hopes can play on the wings at Camp Nou.
It is actually stated that Xavi prefers Olmo to Sterling but wants to sign the England international in January before adding the Spaniard this summer. However, it looks like it won’t be possible.
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Arsenal have joined AC Milan to show interest in Lille midfielder Renato Sanches, according to Le10Sport. Although the Gunners have yet to make an offer for the Portugal international, it is indicated that they have expressed interest and could replace him in the coming weeks. Wolverhampton Wanderers have also been linked to him through various outlets in recent times.
– Fluminense dreams of a Thiago silva come back, after leaving them to join AC Milan in 2007, and starting talks with his agent, as reported Nicolo schira. While the central-back’s contract at Chelsea culminates in 2022, his priority remains the Blues as there should be discussions around an extension in the coming weeks.
– Juventus take an interest in Midtjylland midfielder Jens Cajuste, as reported by Calciomercato. The Serie A squad have been linked with various midfielders, while also seeking to unload themselves Aaron ramsey and Adrien rabiot, and it looks like the 22-year-old Sweden international is now on their radar.
– After taking the direction of Norwich City, Dean Smith hopes to take Conor Hourihane with him on loan, according to Initiated Football. The Irishman is currently on loan from Aston Villa to Sheffield United but has struggled to buy time with the Blades. Smith is hoping Villa can recall the midfielder and loan him out again.
– AS Roma is preparing to renew the contracts of Gianluca Mancini and Ebrima Darboe, as has been reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport. The former returns from international service and will sign a deal that will last until 2026 and will see him earn more than 3 million euros per season – the latter will stay for the same length of time.