Daily Fantasy Hockey Notebook — 5/4/22
The Daily Fantasy Hockey Notebook will be published daily Monday through Friday as soon as the morning skates are over.
The notebook includes everything you need to know to set your lineups for the season and daily fantasy: including injuries, thrown lines and pairings, starting goalie ratings, value picks ( DFS) and insights from our DFS Premium Plan.
DFS DFO REPORT
Due to unforeseen circumstances, there will be NO DFS REPORTS from DFO on Tuesday.
Goes LIVE on YouTube at 5:15 p.m. ET. Subscribe to our YouTube channel and activate the notification bell!
Key Injuries / Lineup Changes
- [PHI] Keith Yandle will be back in the lineup after being a healthy scratch for two games.
- [PHI] Scott Laughton (concussion) will be back in the lineup after missing 12 games.
- [COL] Bowen Byram (head) will play his first game since January 10.
- [NJD] Michael McLeod didn’t play Sunday but will be back in the lineup tonight.
- [NJD] Miles Wood will return to the lineup as he recovers from hip surgery.
- [MTL] Brendan Gallagher (lower body) will play his first game since March 17.
- [OTT] Parker Kelly has been recalled from the AHL and will see his first NHL action since March 16.
- [SJS] Ryan Merkley will be back in the lineup after being a healthy scratch on Saturday.
- [TOR] Jake Muzzin (concussion) has been activated from LTIR and will be a game-time decision.
- [COL] Valeri Nichushkin (illness) will be a game-time decision.
- [COL] Alex Newhook (illness) will be a game-time decision.
- [NYR] Ryan Strome (lower body) has missed the last four games and looks likely to return tonight.
- [PHI] Zack MacEwen is on a daily basis with a head injury.
- [PHI] Nick Seeler is week in and week out with a lower body injury.
- [NJD] Nathan Bastian has an undisclosed injury and will not play on Tuesday.
- [NJD] Jack Hughes (lower body) will not play on Tuesday.
- [OTT] Tyler Ennis (upper body) will not play on Tuesday.
- [BOS] David Pastrnak will be sidelined due to an undisclosed injury.
- [SJS] Nicolas Meloche will be a healthy scratch.
*Subject to change*
⚠️ Game decision
Philadelphia Flyers vs Columbus Blue Jackets
|Voracek – Roslovic – Wool
Florida Panthers vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
Mikheyev – Tavares – Kerfoot
Nylander⚠️ – Kampf – Engvall
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Colorado Avalanche
Rodrigues – Blueger – Kapanen⚠️
Heinen⚠️ – Boyle – Angello
Dumoulin – Letang
Lehkonen – Compher – Nichushkin⚠️
Newhook⚠️ – Sturm – Aube-Kubel
New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers
|Wood – Hischier – Bratt
Panarin – Strome⚠️ – Copp
Lindgren – Fox
Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators
Kelly – White – Brown
Buffalo Sabers vs. Carolina Hurricanes
Slavin – DeAngelo
Detroit Red Wings vs. Boston Bruins
Vrana – Veleno – Win
Hall – Haula – Nosek
Nashville Predators vs. Minnesota Wild
Trénin – Sissons – Jeannot
Cousins – McCarron – Tomasino
Josi – Carrier
Greenway – Eriksson Ek – Foligno
Dallas Stars vs. New York Islanders
San Jose Sharks vs Edmonton Oilers
Nieto – Couture – Chmelevski
Megna – Burns
Armband – Nugent-Hopkins – Kassian
Nurse – Ceci
Choice of daily value
C – Jamie Benn (DAL) – $3,500
F – Jake DeBrusk (BOS) – $3,600
D – Bowen Byram (COL) – $2,500
Highest Optimizer Projections
C – Connor McDavid (EDM) – $9,400
F – Brad Marchand (BOS) – $8,000
D – Roman Josi (NSH) – $8,600
*To see the rest of the DFS Lineup Optimizer projections, sign up for MPO Premium*
5v5 DFS score:
5. EDM1 (+6.80)
*Sign up for MPO Premium to see the rest of our DFS 5v5 scores*