Brooklyn atomizes Milwaukee, Chris Paul is doing great
The results of the night in the NBA
Bucks @ Net : 86-125
Nuggets @ Suns : 105-122
Brooklyn 2-0 Milwaukee
– If even a team that has focused its game on its defense for years takes the broth, it does not bode well … The Milwaukee Bucks were crushed, almost humiliated, by the Brooklyn Nets in the game 2 of their half -final Conference.
Steve Nash’s players had a lead of up to … 49 points in this completely one-sided game. James Harden was absent, but that has changed absolutely nothing to the balance of power seen in game 1. When Brooklyn can line up Kevin Durant (32 pts), Kyrie Irving (22 pts) and the resurrection of Blake griffin, no matter what is in front.
Even a double reigning MVP like Giannis Antetokounmpo (18 points, 11 rebounds and 4 assists) is helpless and has no answers. We have seen that losing 2 to 0 does not guarantee elimination, but the faces and attitudes are particularly worrying among the Bucks.
– Bruce brown has therefore replaced James harden digitally and unsurprisingly did well as every time Steve Nash called him this season. The former Pistons back finished with 13 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists at 6/10. Mike James also took advantage of the absence of the bearded man to play 24 minutes and bring 10 points off the bench with a differential of … +30.
Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot was able to stretch his legs for 8 minutes for 3 points, 1 rebound and 1 assist.
– The fountain of youth works great for Blake griffin.
OMG BLAKE 🤯 pic.twitter.com/TMYlRwMKsD
– NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) June 8, 2021
Phoenix 1-0 Denver
– The Suns have taken control of a series from which already emerges the scent of a possible long-term saga … If you were wondering how was the shoulder of Chris Paul, the answer came via a very successful game from the leader of Phoenix: 21 points, 11 assists. Even after a cleat from the rogue Facundo Campazzo, CP3 withstood the shock and orchestrated the success of his team.
Better, his 14 points at 100% in the last quarter alone were decisive.
👀 @ CP3 guides the @Suns to victory in Game 1 with 21 PTS (14 on 6-6 FGM in 4th) and 11 AST! #ThatsGame #NBAPlayoffs
Game 2: Wednesday at 9:30 pm/et on TNT pic.twitter.com/AQLvyM48oe
– NBA (@NBA) June 8, 2021
The Nuggets were in the lead throughout the first half and looked like they were having a good night as they led by 10 points early in the third quarter. Unfortunately for them they did not go the distance and suffered the skill of Mikal Bridges (23 pts) and the power of Deandre Ayton (20 points, 10 rebounds), the anti-Jokic weapon,
Phoenix has a real anti-Nikola Jokic weapon, but will it be enough?
– Jokic, precisely, compiled 22 points, 9 rebounds and 3 assists at 10/23. The concern is that during the big run of the Suns from the 3rd quarter, the Serbian has somewhat disappeared.
– Four of the five Suns holders have scored at least 20 points and Devin Booker (21 pts) didn’t need to go into human torch mode like against the Lakers. Excellent news in the perspective of a possibly long series where every minute without pulling on the rope is precious.
– Basketball with Nikola Jokic and Facundo Campazzo in the same team, it’s still beautiful …
Facu tosses it over his head back to Jokic for 3!@nuggets 70@Suns 62#NBAPlayoffs on TNT pic.twitter.com/lTM8Aw4fgx
– NBA (@NBA) June 8, 2021
Draymond Green says he’s responsible for the Suns’ success