Broncos: Nathaniel Hackett sacked!
Jets: Mike White back as starter, Zach Wilson inactive
[podcast] Debrief S16: Dolphins, Titans and Patriots who loses wins
Tua Tagovailoa uncertain
Tua Tagovailoa (QB, Dolphins) re-entered concussion protocol on Monday. It was his coach Mike McDaniel who announced it to the press. Tagovailoa is therefore doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Patriots.
This is the second time this season that the Miami quarterback has gone through concussion protocol.
Yet another comeback for Rob Gronkowski?
A few days ago, the American media evoked discussions which would not have succeeded between Rob Gronkowski and the Buccaneers for a return this season. End of the story ? Always not.
According to NFL Media, several teams have called the tight end to gauge his interest in a return. Phone calls that took place because the player had put a simple message on Twitter: “ I am a little bored. »
Journalist Ian Rapoport recalls in passing that Tom Brady will be a free agent at the end of the year. The opportunity to meet again, in a new destination?
Randy Gregory suspended
It’s not the joy in Denver and the bad news is piling up. In effect, Randy Gregory was suspended for 1 game by the NFL following his altercation with Rams guard Oday Abuoshi – also suspended for 1 game – at the end of the game last weekend. (NFLMedia)
George Paton threatened?
After the failure of the Nathaniel Hackett experience and that – for now – of Russell Wilson, George Paton (GM, Broncos) could also be in the hot seat. But that’s not the trend, at least not for Broncos president Greg Pennear, even though he warns it.
“I will lead the discussions for the search for a new coach with the support of the owners and George, in whom I trust. Going forward, we will carefully evaluate every aspect of our processes and make the changes necessary to restore this franchise’s winning tradition. »
Unlike the Vikings, the Dolphins or the Giants, in the race to go to the playoffs with their new coach, Denver has a lot on the board to remobilize a franchise which has not seen the playoffs since its triumph at Super Bowl 50 in 2015 .
– By replying to tweets, Leonard Fournette (RB, Buccaneers) revealed that he had been playing with a foot injury for a few weeks.
– Budda Baker (S, Cardinals) played undercover last weekend following a shoulder injury. With the elimination of the Cardinals before the playoffs, the player will therefore miss the rest of the season. (NFLMedia)
– Tristan Wirfs (OT, Buccaneers) reportedly aggravated his ankle injury after his team’s overtime win over the Cardinals. (official)
– Season ended for Josh Wells (OT, Buccaneers), who suffers from a torn patellar tendon. Wells has started in 7 of the 11 games he has played this season. (Tampa Bay Times)
– Jaycee Horn (CB, Panthers) broke his wrist in the game against the Lions. This should require an operation but that does not mean the end of his season according to his coach Steve Wilks.
– James Lynch (DL, Vikings) has a shoulder injury and will miss the final two games of the regular season, according to NFL Media. He’s had 20 tackles this season.
– Lane Johnson (OT, Eagles) suffered an abdominal injury in his team’s loss to the Cowboys. He will miss the final two games of the regular season according to NFL Network. More bad news for Philadelphia, Avonte Maddox (CB, Eagles) hurt his foot, and could miss the rest of the season.
– Hunter Henry (TE, Chargers) suffers from a knee injury but will be evaluated this week to see if he has a chance to play next weekend against the Dolphins. (NFLMedia)
– Christian Watson (WR, Packers) will be assessed within the week to see if he will be fit to play next weekend. Indeed, the receiver left the game against the Dolphins following a hip injury. (official)
– Derwin James (S, Chargers) was placed in the post-concussion protocol after a big shock with Ashton Dulin (WR, Colts) which also sent the receiver into the protocol. James was sent off following the action.
– According to NBC Sports, Kyler Murray (QB, Cardinals) will undergo surgery on January 3 to repair his torn anterior cruciate ligament.
They are placed on the injured list and will miss at least 4 games: Cam Robinson (OT, Jaguars), Dawuane Smoot (DT, Jaguars), Kemon Hall (CB, Chargers), Aaron Brewer (LS, Cardinals)
– Faced with injuries on air cover, the Panthers signed the cornerback Josh Norman according to Jordan Schultz of NFL Media.
– With Nathaniel Hackett, the Broncos also fired coaches Butch Barry (offensive line) Dwayne Stukes (special teams). (9News)
The main signatures of the day: De’Jon Harris (LB, Bengals, PS), Josh Jackson (CB, Cardinals)
– Whether Myles Garrett (DE, Browns) did not appear on the field from the first defensive snap against the Saints, it is because he would have violated the internal regulations of the team. A decision assumed by Kevin Stefanski (Associated Press)
– A fine of $11,139 but no suspension for McJones (QB, Patriots). The quarterback is accused of intentionally diving into the legs of Bengals cornerback Eli Apple after the Patriots lost the ball. (NFL Network)
No rest for Justin Fields
8 consecutive losses, a 4th place in the NFC North but an opportunity to have the 1st draft pick after the victory of the Texans last week. It has therefore come time to prepare for next season on the Bears side. So you might as well put the executives on the bench so as not to risk a big injury.
However, this is not the case for Justin Fields, for whom his coach Matt Eberflus brushed aside rumors that Chicago could rest their quarterback during his press conference.
» Absolutely not. We have to be better and we want to see where we are now. These 2 matches are important because they are division matches (Lions, Vikings). It is important for each player and for the team. »
He also confirmed that Justin Fields is no longer suffering from his shoulder injury and that he should be in uniform next weekend.
Trouble continues for Dan Snyder
The Commanders owner is accused by a group of former Washington offensive linemen of the 80s and 90s, the legendary “Hogs”. He is accused of profiting from the image of this brand without monetary compensation for the players who contributed to the legend.
A simple misunderstanding in Denver
Dalton Risner and Brett Rypien had an altercation during the game against the Rams. For the offensive lineman, it would just be a misunderstanding because he thought the backup quarterback was saying the offensive linemen “gave up on Russell Wilson.”
Saquon Barkley calls out to the public
This Sunday, the Giants will host the Colts. A win and New York will see the playoffs for the first time since 2016. For this game, star running back Saquon Barkley tweeted New York fans to flock to MetLife Stadium.
Home Finale at MetLife this Sunday, Giants fans NEED YOU THERE!!! NEED YOU LOUD!! Merry Christmas 🎄
— Saquon Barkley (@saquon) December 26, 2022
Don’t forget to follow us on social networks by clicking on the links: Twitch – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook – TikTok
You can support us directly on Tipeee.
Or by betting at Unibet.
Or by subscribing to NordVPN through this link