– Steelers: Diontae Johnson extends for 2 years and nearly $ 37 million
Matthew Stafford (Rams) still bothered by his elbow
Still bothered by his right elbow, despite the injections of anti-inflammatories, Matthew Stafford (QB) should no longer throw the ball in the matchups by the end of the Rams’ training camp in Irvine on August 10. According to Ian Rapoport, this is a « bad tendonitis ».
In a press conference, Sean McVay explained that his player is suffering from an injury » a little abnormal for a quarterback, which is found more among pitchers in baseball. Apparently, the medical team in Los Angeles still hasn’t quite figured out what the problem is and how to handle it.
“We’re trying to figure out how to put the best plan in place to minimize some of the things he has to deal with, while giving him confidence that he can play hard. »
In short: Stafford still seems to have to deal with the pain.
Roger Goodell delegates sanction of Deshaun Watson
While the NFL has announced that it is appealing the court decision in the Deshaun Watson case, Roger Goodell will not sign the memorandum rendering the NFL’s decision on the penalty against the quarterback.
NFL commissioner general has named former New Jersey general counsel, ESPN says Peter C.Harvey to consider the appeal.
As for the masseuses who filed complaints against Watson, their lawyer Tony Buzbee indicated that his clients felt « invisible » and « dejected » after the decision of the mediator and the players’ union.
Echoes of the training camps
– Competing with Mason Rudolph and Kenny Pickett for the starting quarterback position, Mitch Trubisky has not been to his advantage in recent training according to Mark Kaboly for The Athletic. In particular, he would have chained 16 incomplete passes during a 7-against-7 exercise.
– As anticipated, Matt Patricia, current offensive line coach for the Patriots, should officiate well this season as offensive coordinator for New England. (The Athletic)
– Three veteran linebackers trained with the Saints as part of a test on Thursday: Kiko Alonso, Jon Bostic and Anthony Hitchens. According to NFL Network, Alonso should be signed by New Orleans.
– Tyrann Mathieu (S, Saints) is back with his teammates. Excused for family reasons, the safety trained in a limited way on Wednesday and Thursday.
– After the complaint for racial discrimination brought by Brian Flores, Steve Wilks and Ray Horton, Judge Valerie Caproni rejected the plaintiffs’ lawyers’ request to take the case to arbitration for lack of evidence. (ESPN)
Signatures: Tae Hayes (CB, Panthers), Darrius Shepherd (WR, Broncos), Chester Rogers (WR, Texans), Tristin McCollum (S, Texans), Harrison Elliott (LS, Texans), Austin Trammell (WR, Rams), Nate Meadors (S, Giants), Marcell Ateman (WR, Cardinals), De’Vante Bausby (CB, Commanders)
Cups: Thomas Fletcher (LS, Panthers), Davion Davis (WR, Texans), Kyle Markway (TE, Rams), Eric Smith (OT, Cardinals)
– The Steelers have activated Minkah Fitzpatrick (S) off the non-football injury list. The player was therefore able to return to training on Thursday after a bicycle accident at the start of training camps. (Franchise)
– Matthew Judon (LB) did not practice this Thursday with the Patriots. The reason for this absence was not communicated by the franchise. (Patriots Wire)
– Andre Dillard (OT) and Jordan Mailata (OT) suffered concussions during the Eagles’ last practice. On his side DeVonta Smith (WR) missed training, still suffering from a groin injury. (NBC Sports Philadelphia)
– Back after a shoulder operation, Logan Wilson (LB, Bengals) participated in his first practice of the summer with Cincinnati. (WKRC)
– Vince Biegel (LB, Ravens) suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon during the franchise’s last practice. He should miss the whole season. It was his coach who announced it to the press.
– The career of Matt Gono (OT, Giants) could be over. Neck surgery last season, the player had signed with New York and felt good when he arrived at training camp. Except that he felt new pain from the first training with shoulder pad and helmet. According to ESPN, he has returned to see his surgeon and those close to him believe his career is in danger. Gono must pass additional tests. He is 26 years old.
They are placed on the PUP injured list : Tom Compton (OT, Broncos), Anthony Barr (LB, Cowboys)
They get off the PUP injured list : Maxx Williams (TE, Cardinals), Dontario Drummond (WR, Cowboys)
They come off the list of non-football related injuries (NFI) : CJ Moore (S, Lions)
– The Commanders will add Mike Bass (CB) to their Ring of Fame on September 11. The ceremony will take place on the sidelines of the game against the Jaguars, the first to be played in the capital this season. Bass played 104 games for Washington beginning in 1969. He intercepted 30 passes, the fourth most in team history. Most importantly, he scored his team’s only touchdown in the Super Bowl VII win over the Dolphins.
Cooper Kupp responds to Justin Jefferson
Last week Justin Jefferson said only Davante Adams tops him in the NFL’s receiver hierarchy. Thus relegating the offensive player of the last season behind him. He replied to him » respectfully « .
“I respect his opinion and can respectfully say that I disagree. »
But was not surprised by the comments of the young receiver.
“I was hoping he would say that. I think that’s the beauty of this game, that it shows the competitiveness that reigns in this league. If you don’t think of yourself as the best and you don’t work to be the best, then I’d be worried about going on the field with you, if you don’t think you’ve prepared yourself to be the best. player you can be. »
Carlos Dunlap thought about his stats when he signed with the Chiefs
What drives a player to sign for such and such a team? The money? Surely. The titles ? Also. But other considerations may come into play, such as personal statistics. This is the case of the 33-year-old veteran Carlos Dunlap (DE) who wishes to progress in the hierarchy of the best sackers in NFL history. And the road is still long for the new Chiefs player, currently 47th in this ranking with 96 sacks. He explained it to journalists after training with his new franchise.
“The 100 is a milestone that I hope to enjoy and celebrate, and be proud of. But four sacks in a season is not my goal. I would try to achieve eight on average per season and I want to go beyond that, of course. I am in a chase and I feel that this team offers me an excellent opportunity, the best opportunity to do so. »
As a reminder, Bruce Smith, Buffalo Bills player from 1985 to 1999, holds the record with 200 sacks. Dunlap is going to have to work hard.
Bill Belichick and the fantasy leagues make two
Always in cash, the head coach of the Patriots did not hesitate to say what he thought of fantasy football. It speaks for itself.
« Honestly, I don’t really have an opinion on that because fantasy football means nothing to me. »
« Fantasy football doesn’t mean anything to me. »
Bill Belichick 😂 pic.twitter.com/5KoKcOMBwI
— 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬 (@sportingnews) August 4, 2022
Von Miller adopted by the Bills Mafia
This year the Bills have decided to relocate their training camp to St. John Fisher University and to house the players in the dormitories of the university. A memorable experience for the new recruit Von Miller. For his first training camp interview, he ironically commented on this return to college:
“Toilet paper is different. »
The Bills Mafia then decided to take their new linebacker at his word and send him some higher quality rolls. And obviously in large quantities. Buffalo supporters are ready to do anything for the happiness of their players.
#BillsMafia showing their love for Von Miller through toilet paper.
« I just said, hey, the toilet paper’s different and boom, boxes on boxes on boxes of toilet paper and wipes. » pic.twitter.com/El5r2ew7cd
—Jon Scott (@JonScottTV) August 4, 2022
Don’t forget to follow us on social networks by clicking on the links: Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
You can support us directly on Tipeee.
Or by betting at Unibet.
Or by subscribing to NordVPN through this link