Breakfast: little alert for Dak Prescott, JJ Watt already injured
– Colts: the jackpot for right tackle Braden Smith
– Ravens: Lamar Jackson tested positive for COVID-19
Little alert for Dak Prescott
Dak Prescott (QB, Cowboys) is coming back from a serious ankle injury, but it was his right shoulder that squeaked during practice on Wednesday. According to ESPN, the pitcher left the session because of pain in that joint. An MRI then revealed a small stretch.
A press release from the Dallas franchise explained that it will be processed and reassessed on a daily basis. Logic.
The good news is that her ankle is fine.
A 6th round for Randall Cobb
The Packers didn’t have to shell out much to get Randall Cobb (WR). According to ESPN, Green Bay sent a sixth-round pick to the Texans. Houston has also agreed to take on $ 3 million of the player’s 8.5 million salary for the coming season.
49ers: it’s signed for Trey Lance
There is no suspense for the rookie contracts, but Trey Lance (QB, 49ers) was one of the last two picks in the first round to have yet to sign his contract, which could delay his arrival at training camp. . Finally, no problem. His agents have announced his signing, and he will start preparations for San Francisco.
Zach Wilson (QB, Jets) is therefore the last player chosen in the first round who did not sign his first pro contract.
# 49ers QB Trey Lance has officially signed his rookie contract and will report to training camp, per @CAA_Football #Jets QB Zach Wilson remains as the last unsigned first-round pick 👀 pic.twitter.com/nhmN3vlRyS
– PFF (@PFF) July 28, 2021
Davante Adams: « I deserve to be the highest paid receiver in the league »
No rest for the Packers. The late Rodgers barely smothered, it’s Davante Adams who now shows up.
Present at a press conference on the first day of training camp, the receiver with 20 touchdowns in 2020 explained that the identity of his quarterback next year would not influence his requests. Understand by this that he will not make a salary effort to keep Aaron Rodgers rather than Jordan Love. The All-Pro is very clear.
“I deserve to be the highest paid receiver in the league,” he said.
Since he already considers himself the best receiver in the league, it makes sense that he wants to be paid as such.
Currently, DeAndre Hopkins, at $ 27.25 million per year (on average), is the highest-paid wide receiver in the league. The Packers know what it will cost if they want to keep their nugget.
– Benardrick McKinney (LB, Dolphins) will be free in March 2022. According to ESPN, the player’s contract was changed a few days ago. In order for him to accept his salary drop from $ 7.75 to $ 3 million, the last two years of the previous agreement were deleted. The opportunity for him to fill the shortfall by having a big season that he can cash in in the spring.
– The Packers had to sign Dennis Kelly (OT), according to NFL Media. He just needs to have a medical check-up to validate it.
– The Bears have placed Jake Butt (TE) on the list of retired players. He is only 25 years old but his career has been constantly hampered by injuries.
The other signatures: Krishawn Hogan (WR, Panthers), Jake Dolegala (QB, Patriots), Damontre Moore (DE, Colts)
The main cuts of the day:
– According to insider Ian Rapoport, two teams that participated in the playoffs have already called the Dolphins to inquire about the availability of Xavien Howard (CB). The latter only showed up for training to avoid a fine of $ 50,000 per day of absence but asked to be exchanged.
– Regularly cited in trade rumors, Zach Ertz (TE, Eagles) should be part of the Philadelphia squad this season. It was Howie Roseman (General Manager) himself who assured him at a press conference.
– JJ Watt (DE, Cardinals) was placed on the PUP injured list due to hamstring pain. The pain was felt during the physical test which opens the camp for each player. As a result, Watt did not train with his teammates on Wednesday and is unlikely to be on the pitch Thursday either.
– Jarrett Stidham (QB, Patriots) has a shoulder injury that may require surgery. According to The Athletic, the 24-year-old quarterback should therefore be out until further notice.
They are placed on the PUP injured list (possibility of returning before the start of the season): Devante Parker (WR, Dolphins), DJ Fluker (OL, Dolphins), Elandon Roberts (LB, Dolphins), Evan Brown (C, Lions), Larry Ogunjobi (DT, Bengals), Rodney McLeod (S, Eagles), D ‘ Wayne Eskridge (WR, Seahawks), Travis Homer (RB, Seahawks), Germain Ifedi (OG, Bears)
They leave the PUP injured list (possibility to come back before the start of the season): Trent Brown (OT, Patriots), Kyle Van Noy (LB, Patriots)
They are placed on the list of injuries unrelated to football: Jamal Agnew (WR, Jaguars), Taven Bryan (DT, Jaguars), Aldrick Rosas (K, Jaguars), Jerry Hughes (DE, Bills, calf strain), Landon Dickerson (C, Eagles), Pier-Olivier Lestage (G , Seahawks), Kenyan Drake (RB, Raiders), Eddie Jackson (S, Bears)
They come off the list of injuries unrelated to football: Marcus Maye (S, Jets)
– Josh Kline (OG) decided to retire. He hadn’t played since 2019, with the Vikings. He notably started 46 games for the Titans from 2016 to 2018 (The Draft Network)
They are placed on the COVID-19 list: Xavier Rhodes (CB, Colts), TJ Carrie (CB, Colts), Al-Quadin Muhammad (DE, Colts), Dion Dawkins (LT, Bills), Ike Boettger (OL, Bills), Briean Boddy-Calhoun (CB, Titans ), Chris Jones (CB, Titans), Larnel Coleman (OT, Dolphins), Andrew Adams (S, Eagles), Matt Leo (DE, Eagles), Alex Singleton (LB, Eagles), Lano Hill (S, Panthers), Stephen Sullivan (TE, Panthers), Jalen Reeves-Maybin (LB, Lions), Jaquiski Tartt (S, 49ers), Jauan Jennings (WR, 49ers), Darwin Thompson (RB, Chiefs), Jalen Richard (RB, Raiders), Theo Riddick (RB, Raiders), Dante Fowler (DE, Falcons), Rico Gafford (WR, Cardinals), Shaq Calhoun (OG, Cardinals)
Sean Payton annoys Michael Thomas’ recovery
Michael Thomas (WR, Saints) could miss several games at the start of the Saints season. Hit in the ankle last season, the receiver needed an operation. Except that instead of going to the pool table in January, he waited until June. With four months of rehabilitation needed behind, this prevents him from being ready for the recovery.
“It’s disappointing,” Sean Payton told reporters on Wednesday. “But we will do with the other players who are there. The operation took place, and obviously we would have liked it to happen sooner. And honestly, it should have been. «
Why was Thomas not operated on earlier? Payton or his general manager Mickey Loomis can’t seem to explain it. The latter nevertheless indicated that the decision was apparently collective. Payton and Loomis therefore seem to blame themselves more than the player.
Stormy divorce for Kelvin Benjamin and the Giants
Kelvin Benjamin (TE) was cut before his very first training camp practice with the Giants.
But the conditions for his departure seem to have been particularly difficult. The player explained to ESPN that Joe Judge first criticized him for arriving overweight, before being victims of swearing from his coach. Above all, he reproaches him for having displayed the situation on the ground, in front of everyone, rather than calmly face to face.
“It was weird and awkward. It didn’t make sense, ”Benjamin explained. » […] I believe he was all to sabotage the situation. I do not know why. «
Failed start, therefore, in the reconversion from receiver to tight end of the old first round of draft. He has not walked the lawns since 2018, it was with the Chiefs. He is 30 years old.
In Detroit, it’s pretty straightforward
The Lions have a new coach, but they shouldn’t have too much trouble remembering the new house rules. Dan Campbell has announced to the press that he only has four rules for his players.
“1. Don’t be late.
2. Watch your weight.
3. Don’t disrespect your teammates.
4. Don’t disrespect the game. ”
Simple. But not that simple for all NFL players.
Don’t forget to follow us on social networks by clicking on the links: Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
You can support us directly on Tipeee.
Or by betting at Unibet.
Or by subscribing to NordVPN through this link.
And don’t forget to subscribe to our Wednesday Newsletter.