Breakfast: Justin Fields injured, Zach Wilson threatened, Melvin Gordon cut
– Cardinals – 49ers (10-38): Deebo-Kittle-Aiyuk, dark heroes in Mexico City
[podcast] Debrief S11: the Vikings in trouble
Justin Fields is assessed day to day, but you never know…
Matt Eberflus (HC, Bears) remains very evasive on the state of Justin Fields (QB). The quarterback injured his shoulder against the Falcons, and according to the statements of the coach, the quarterback is assessed on a daily basis but the end of the season is not ruled out. Difficult to have a clear vision.
“For now, you know that the injury report comes out on Wednesday. For the moment it is day by day,” declared Ebeflus at a press conference. “We will see where he is on Wednesday. So we have time to see where it is and we will advise. […] We did not rule out [la possibilité d’une fin de saison] for the moment. We will see where it is on Wednesday. »
In case of unavailability it is Trevor Siemain who could take the reins of the attack to face the Jets.
Jets: Zach Wilson threatened?
The atmosphere is tense in the Jets locker room. According to ESPN and SNY, Zach Wilson (QB) doesn’t just make people happy. In addition to his lackluster performance against the Patriots, the young quarterback failed to take responsibility in the media which resulted in some cringe among his teammates.
Consequence or not, Robert Saleh admitted to the press on Monday that Wilson does not yet seem assured of starting the next match.
“We are keeping all options on the table for the days to come. »
And when asked if he was ready to name Wilson the starter, he said no.
« Not now, not until I’ve assessed everything. » »
Broncos: It’s over for Melvin Gordon
It will have been one fumble too many. According to NFL Media, Denver announced the cut of Melvin Gordon (RB) Monday, and the runner is placed on the waiver which gives him a chance to be picked up by another franchise.
In the absence of Javonte Williams (knee), Gordon struggled to convince (318 yards, 2 TD on the run / 223 yards on reception this year) but it is above all his propensity to lose leather that costs him his place . He released five fumbles this season, including one in the red zone this weekend against Las Vegas. Latavius Murray, Chase Edmonds and Marlon Mack will therefore take over for the Broncos.
Panthers: Steve Wilks is still studying his alternatives
Although Baker Mayfield (QB, Panthers) led Carolina’s offense against the Ravens, Steve Wilks (HC) is not stopped on its starting quarterback for the weeks to come. According to ProFootballTalk.com, the manager said on Monday that he is still evaluating his opportunities with Mayfield, PJ Walker and Sam Darnold. But he will know more by next Wednesday’s training.
– According to NFL Media Kyle Pitts (TE, Falcons) would suffer a torn medial-collateral ligament following the game against the Bears. This would be the result of the scheduled MRI to confirm the diagnosis. Pitts will, however, seek a second medical opinion. In the event of bad news, the tight end could miss significant playing time. He recorded 28 receptions for 356 yards and 2 touchdowns this year. Whatever happens, Pitts will miss at least four games since he was placed on the disabled list.
– Matthew Stafford (QB, Rams) has officially made a return to post-concussion protocol, according to Pro Football Talk.
– Ron Rivera (HC, Commanders) confirmed that Washington has activated Chase Young (DE), knee) from the Physically Unable to Perform list. The former second general pick of the draft had only 24 hours of eligibility left to find the active workforce. However, a return to the field still seems far from certain. (Washington Post)
– Barely out of the infirmary, Mike Williams (WR, Chargers) worsened his sprained ankle against the Saints according to ESPN. He will only have played 6 actions in the match.
– Season ended for Wan’Dale Robinson (WR, Giants) will miss the remainder of the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee suffered Sunday against the Lions. It was coach Brian Daboll who announced it on Monday. Robinson ends his first year with 23 receptions for 227 yards and 1 touchdown in 6 games. New York will also lose Adoree’ Jackson (CB) for a month to a knee injury.
– Dan Campbell has confirmed to his team’s official website that Jeff Okudah (BC, Lions) is expected to miss Thursday’s game due to the concussion suffered Sunday against the Giants.
– The Broncos will have to do without Chase Edmonds (RB) a few weeks. According to ESPN, the runner is suffering from a severe ankle sprain.
– Kevin Stefanski (HC, Browns) announced that Cleveland estimates the unavailability of Ethan Pocic (C) in weeks after a knee injury suffered against Buffalo. A passage through the list of injured could be considered. (ProFootballTalk.com)
– The Lions announced that Jameson Williams (WR) will resume training. The rookie had been on the injured list since the start of the season. He tore the anterior cruciate ligament of the knee during the last university final.
– Mike McDaniel (HC, Dolphins) said he was « hopeful and optimistic » to recover Byron Jones (CB, ankle) before the end of the season. The defensive end is still on the physically unable to perform list. (ProFootballTalk.com)
They are placed on the injured list and will miss at least 4 games: TE Kyle Pitts (TE, Falcons), Ta’Quon Graham (DL, Falcons)
They come off the injured list : Isaiah Prince (OT, Bengals), Giovani Bernard (RB, Buccaneers)
They are promoted from the practice squad: Maxx Williams (TE, Cardinals), Michael Dogbe (DL, Cardinals), Justin Shaffer (OL, Falcons)
The main signatures of the day: RJ McIntosh (DT, Dolphins, PS), Jaleel Johnson (DL, Falcons, from Texans waiver), John Raine (TE, Falcons, PS), Tristan Vizcaino (K, Patriots, PS), Chris Conley (WR, Titans , PS), Eric Smith (OL, Titans, PS), Will Compton (LB, Falcons)
The main cuts of the day: Mike Thomas (WR, Bengals), Tegray Scales (LB, Bengals, PS), Josh Lambo (K, Titans), Antony Auclair (TE, Titans, PS)
– According to Pro Football Talk, Ndamukong Suh (DT, Eagles) also had the option to sign with the 49ers last week. He finally committed to Philadelphia, but he would have strongly hesitated.
– After 10 competitive matches, Patrick Mahomes (QB, Chiefs) has already passed the 3000 yards mark. If he continues his performance at the same pace, he will reach 5,551 yards at the end of the season, a new benchmark in the NFL. The record is currently held by Peyton Manning, with 5477 yards, but in just 16 games.
Jerry Jones has confidence
The Cowboys struck a blow by crushing the Vikings on Sunday. And Jerry Jones (owner) seems more and more confident.
« I think what I see on the field is a team with which we could go and get a Super Bowl, » the owner told his team’s official website.
Lovie Smith plotting changes in Houston
Even though Lovie Smith (HC, Texans) said after the game against the Commanders that he wasn’t considering « change just for the sake of change », he conceded that things had to change to prepare for the Dolphins. But nothing will happen until he has spoken to his players during the week.
“You can surely understand, about the changes and everything we do every week, we talk to the players first before we talk [aux journalistes],” Smith said according to ProFootballTalk.com. “We are not satisfied with our record. Should we do things differently? Yes, and we will. »
Andy Reid confirms he used same game as last year to beat Chargers
The duo Patrick Mahomes (QB, Chiefs) / Travis Kelce (TE) again martyred the Chargers this weekend, with three touchdowns scored. But to add salt to the wound, Andy Reid (HC) confirmed that Kansas City reused the same call from Week 15 of 2021 to claim victory over their division opponent. With just one additional motion, but the fundamental is the same.
Andy Reid confirming that the Kelce game winning TD was the same play they ran to beat the Chargers last year too
— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) November 21, 2022
Don’t forget to follow us on social networks by clicking on the links: Twitch – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook – TikTok
You can support us directly on Tipeee.
Or by betting at Unibet.
Or by subscribing to NordVPN through this link