Barcelona want Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad if Erling Haaland is not possible
The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Barça see Isak as an alternative to Haaland
Barcelona are interested in Real Sociedad striker Alexandre isak, according to the Spanish outlet AS.
The Catalan club are considering a move for the 22-year-old as a cheaper alternative for Erling Haaland in a bid to add more firepower in the hitting department.
Haaland, 21, is available this summer thanks to a £ 75million release clause that has put many big European clubs on alert for a possible transfer. While Barcelona were an interested club, it is reported that their current financial situation would prevent a move for the Norway international.
Only a year older at 22, Isak showed his La Liga strength with Real Sociedad, which topped the table this weekend with a win over Mallorca. He has struggled to score this season, hampered by a hamstring injury, he has scored 34 goals for Sociedad since arriving from Borussia Dortmund.
A potential move could emerge as Barcelona made room in their salary budget, moving on to Antoine Griezmann, Lionel Messi and Miralem Pjanic. Reports claim such moves would give the club more room to work out some arrivals in the January window or next summer.
Another player who has been linked with the club is Raheem Sterling on a potential loan, as Ronald Koeman’s side look to increase their score in front of goal in the windows to come.
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Manchester City is considering Ansu fati as a possible replacement for Raheem Sterling, if the England international leaves. According to the journalist Ekrem Konur, Pep Guardiola sees the 18-year-old as a potential successor to Sterling. The winger still has a year on his contract with the club holding an option for another two years, but they recently opened negotiations for an extension.
– Manchester City set to reach verbal deal on contract extension with midfielder Phil foden, according to the journalist Fabrice RomanoThe prolific 21-year-old has seen his playing time and influence increase at the club and would be rewarded with a new contract until 2027 with a pay rise.
– Borussia Dortmund decided Sebastien haller as Erling Haaland’s successor next season according to Calciomercato, in the probable event the Norwegian leaves the club next summer. The former West Ham United striker has impressed since his stint at Ajax, scoring five goals in two Champions League games and is on the Bundesliga club’s radar.
– AC Milan are interested in a deal for Marseille Boubacar Kamara on a free transfer in summer, writes Calciomercato. The midfielder is said to be a potential replacement for Franck Kessie, who could himself leave the San Siro on a free transfer this summer. It is reported that there would be an agreement on the contract due to talks already underway, but the Serie A club are expected to push back Premier League interests.
– Juventus, AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur all considering potential transfer for Paris Saint-Germain Mauro icardi, says a report in Gazzetta dello Sport. The 28-year-old has struggled to break into the frontlines in the French capital since his move, made even more difficult by the introduction of Lionel Messi. His current contract lasts until 2024, but he could pass sooner with all three clubs interested in the striker.